Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triangular Distributed Load in Inventor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kvt3pd
1769 Views, 3 Replies

Triangular Distributed Load in Inventor

I am trying to use the stress analysis function on Inventor. Is it possible to apply a triangular distributed load? I know I can use the pressure tool to put a uniform distributed load on my part, but this is not realistic for the application i am trying to model. If there is some tutorial please let me know.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: kvt3pd

Attach the ipt file here.

Add any additional information that might be useful in answering the question (like specification of load value(s) and location(s)/distribution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
kvt3pd

So  I would like to have a triangular dristributed load along the top surface of my part to be 16,615 N. I am a student working on a project for my senior thesis. This is just my initial stage. I will like to make this into a rotor blade as my next stage. So if you can show me how you are doing this that will be great.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
blair

If you want the load/force to be distributed over/on a triangular shape, then use the Split-Face to to designate the area/shape you want the load/force applied.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report