Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tray

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
302 Views, 6 Replies

tray

I need some help making a sheet metal part.I made the attached part from solid model.I would like the tray part done in sheet metal.Please how would i make the tray in sheet metal as this is new to me?

Regards,Tony

Inventor 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Of course you will have to do 5 parts (actually 3 as ends and sides are duplicates + the tube).

Here is example, but I would Derive Component the surface body and then Thicken each of the two sheet metal parts in separate derived parts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I thickened the rest of the part but it looks as though i have not got it right.There are gaps between each thicken piece plus the corners do not join.What should i have done?

Tony

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

I think I have a better solution, but give me some time to work it up - but the point is this will have to be at least 2 parts (not counting the tube), that is - two separate ipt files with thicken of each part in a separate file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I look forward to your part

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

JD did you find a better method for producing the part?

Cheers,Tony

Message 7 of 7
Yijiang.Cai

Hello Tony,

When I looked into model you attached, one sheet metal for the base and one part for the cylindrical pipe are made up this model. So I use multiple solid body and make components to one assembly, and the part should be welded to the sheet metal. Please see the attached solution created in R2012 for more details.

If there is any concern, please ping me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com

Thanks,
River Cai

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report