Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translated Colors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
108 Views, 4 Replies

Translated Colors

Hello Board,

I am dealing with KeyCreator (CADKey) and Inventor 8.0. My issue is this: I translate a CADKey file containing colors into a SAT file. I then import it into Inventor. When it comes through in IV, it loses (or seems to) all color and all parts are in the "default" color. But, when I translate it back from IV into SAT, and open in CADKey, the original colors are still there.

Is there a way for Inventor to recognize these colors? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Travis Stewart
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Good one, I'll add this to the translator wish list. ~Mike B. (Inventor PD) "tstewart" wrote in message news:24774893.1086375480898.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello Board, > > I am dealing with KeyCreator (CADKey) and Inventor 8.0. My issue is this: I translate a CADKey file containing colors into a SAT file. I then import it into Inventor. When it comes through in IV, it loses (or seems to) all color and all parts are in the "default" color. But, when I translate it back from IV into SAT, and open in CADKey, the original colors are still there. > > Is there a way for Inventor to recognize these colors? Any and all feedback is appreciated. > > Thank you in advance, > Travis Stewart
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Is this the Mike Bogues previously from Mi.? How have you been? "Mike Bogues (autodesk)" wrote in message news:40c0e13f$1_2@newsprd01... > Good one, I'll add this to the translator wish list. > ~Mike B. (Inventor PD) > > > "tstewart" wrote in message > news:24774893.1086375480898.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Hello Board, > > > > I am dealing with KeyCreator (CADKey) and Inventor 8.0. My issue is this: > I translate a CADKey file containing colors into a SAT file. I then import > it into Inventor. When it comes through in IV, it loses (or seems to) all > color and all parts are in the "default" color. But, when I translate it > back from IV into SAT, and open in CADKey, the original colors are still > there. > > > > Is there a way for Inventor to recognize these colors? Any and all > feedback is appreciated. > > > > Thank you in advance, > > Travis Stewart > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Yes it is, Why do you say previously form MI, I sill live and sail, I mean work in MI. ~Mike "Kevin Vallelunga" wrote in message news:40c1cca9$1_1@newsprd01... > Is this the Mike Bogues previously from Mi.? > How have you been? > > "Mike Bogues (autodesk)" wrote in message > news:40c0e13f$1_2@newsprd01... > > Good one, I'll add this to the translator wish list. > > ~Mike B. (Inventor PD) > > > > > > "tstewart" wrote in message > > news:24774893.1086375480898.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Hello Board, > > > > > > I am dealing with KeyCreator (CADKey) and Inventor 8.0. My issue is > this: > > I translate a CADKey file containing colors into a SAT file. I then import > > it into Inventor. When it comes through in IV, it loses (or seems to) all > > color and all parts are in the "default" color. But, when I translate it > > back from IV into SAT, and open in CADKey, the original colors are still > > there. > > > > > > Is there a way for Inventor to recognize these colors? Any and all > > feedback is appreciated. > > > > > > Thank you in advance, > > > Travis Stewart > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

jUST THOUGHT YOU (damn caps lock) moved out west when you went to Autodesk. Newsgroups for one. It's Kevin, formerly from Ligon Bros. How have you been? "Mike Bogues (autodesk)" wrote in message news:40c274d7_2@newsprd01... > Yes it is, > Why do you say previously form MI, I sill live and sail, I mean work in MI. > ~Mike > > "Kevin Vallelunga" wrote in message > news:40c1cca9$1_1@newsprd01... > > Is this the Mike Bogues previously from Mi.? > > How have you been? > > > > "Mike Bogues (autodesk)" wrote in message > > news:40c0e13f$1_2@newsprd01... > > > Good one, I'll add this to the translator wish list. > > > ~Mike B. (Inventor PD) > > > > > > > > > "tstewart" wrote in message > > > news:24774893.1086375480898.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > > Hello Board, > > > > > > > > I am dealing with KeyCreator (CADKey) and Inventor 8.0. My issue is > > this: > > > I translate a CADKey file containing colors into a SAT file. I then > import > > > it into Inventor. When it comes through in IV, it loses (or seems to) > all > > > color and all parts are in the "default" color. But, when I translate it > > > back from IV into SAT, and open in CADKey, the original colors are still > > > there. > > > > > > > > Is there a way for Inventor to recognize these colors? Any and all > > > feedback is appreciated. > > > > > > > > Thank you in advance, > > > > Travis Stewart > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report