Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Transferring company logo in DWG format to Inventor format

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
ravencontrols
1336 Views, 19 Replies

Transferring company logo in DWG format to Inventor format

I am trying to transfer my company logo in DWG format to Inventor to put on my custom border I am currently making. I tried copying and pasting but it doesnt work. What is the correct way to do this. Thanks 

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
jletcher
in reply to: ravencontrols

what is it jpg bitmap sketch in autocad we need information to help what Inventor are you using would help too.

Message 3 of 20
Cadmanto

What is the format of your logo?

If it is just lines, arcs and circles then copy it in ACAD and paste it into the titleblock sketch.  I know this works, because

I have done it.

Or is it a jpg or bitmap?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 20
ravencontrols
in reply to: jletcher

I got my logo as a autocad file not a jpg or bitmap. I am using Inventor 2013 and i did try the ACAD button in inventor but when the dialog boxes comes up there nothing to be able to select my company logo in autocad but i could be doing something wrong.

Message 5 of 20
ravencontrols
in reply to: Cadmanto

its not a jpg or bitmap format it is a autocad format and i have tried copy and pasting it that doesnt work.

Message 6 of 20

I want this logo to be able to put on my inventor border

Message 7 of 20
jletcher

Did you do the copy paiste with ctrl-c and ctrl v?

That always worked and you are saying in 2013 that don't work either?

Message 8 of 20
ravencontrols

I got it to work but it is not pasting right.

Message 9 of 20
jletcher

Well I would like to try but for some reason I cannot get the attachment.

Message 10 of 20
ravencontrols

I uploaded it again for you to try

Message 11 of 20
Cadmanto

I can't either so don't feel bad.  Actually this is the second thread I have had issues with attachments.

Maybe it is the forum.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 12 of 20
jletcher

I sent a message to you with my email send it to me

Message 13 of 20
JimSteinmeyer

Raven in Sioux Falls? I did a simple cntl-C cntl-V and placed it in Inventer 2012. You will need to run the drawing doctor on it to make sure all the surfaces are closed (I would but it can take a while) . From there you shuld be able to edit as you want.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 14 of 20

what is sioux falls. I am not trying to make a part out of it i am trying to put it on my custom border in inventor. What is drawing doctor you telling all kinda of things i never heard of before.

Message 15 of 20

how do you get the drawing doctor to work to make sure all surfaces or closed as per what you or telling me to do. Thanks

Message 16 of 20

We have a Raven in Sioux Falls, a town about 45 miles north of where I live. They make control systems so I just connected the dots so to say.

Even if you arn't making a part I think you need the sketch to be solid around the edges to fill sections with color and such. I haven't worked with logos or decals so I could be wrong.

If you open the sketch in the part I attached to my first post you will see that especially around the racen there are a lot of short segmented lines. I often have problems with them being connected correctly when I import from CAD. While you are in the sketch editro you will want to right click and scroll 3/4 of the way down the list. You will find an option for Sketch Doctor which is a su routine that will check the sketch for errors. follow the menu and see what it shows. With an import like this I would expect to have to run SD a couple of dozen times before everything is clean.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 17 of 20
jletcher

Ok got you all fixed up the issue is with the hatch so take off hatch use insert drawing

use.JPG

And in the option check this box

import.JPG

This with my drawing I wil send to you because I had to fix a few loose ends in auto cad. this will keep them constrained there will be three spots you will have to fix in inventor you will see them when you go hatch the R and part of the A will vanish they have loose ends still some reason inventor missed them. just find them fix them then use inventor hatch to fill all back in. Me i like it naked lol. wait for your email.

Message 18 of 20
ravencontrols

I've got it in border and thats exactly what i want now i am having troubling hatching it but again i could be doing something wrong. I am selecting the just the R right now and click the fill/hatch region button but it doesnt fill or hatch the R. It isnt giving me the error like you explaining to me.

Message 19 of 20

Like the fill/hatch region button isnt working it wont like me do anything but i really want the logo to be filled in.

Message 20 of 20
jletcher

That one could be a 2013 issue I have no problems hatching here on 2012 some one with 2013 may have to step in now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report