Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
m.teleguz1
Message 1 of 3 (77 Views)
Accepted Solution

transfer data

77 Views, 2 Replies
05-01-2013 07:35 AM

I have a standard assembly that changes sizes with different configurations, and every time we have to re-draw and re-baloon every part to the BOM.

Is there a better way of doing this that we don't manually have to do this each time?

like maybe replacing the assembly inside the dwg so the baloons and dims auto update? i dunno any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

See My LinkedIn Profile
You could try doing a save-as of the drawing and using the "replace model reference" command to change out to the new assembly. Just be sure not to get confused between save-as and save-copy-as, you don't want to end up mucking up an existing drawing.
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 2 of 3 (64 Views)

Re: transfer data

05-01-2013 07:54 AM in reply to: m.teleguz1
You could try doing a save-as of the drawing and using the "replace model reference" command to change out to the new assembly. Just be sure not to get confused between save-as and save-copy-as, you don't want to end up mucking up an existing drawing.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Distinguished Contributor
m.teleguz1
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: transfer data

05-01-2013 08:11 AM in reply to: mrattray

thank you! This is amazing, since my 2010 doesnt have it i used the "old trick" SInce my inventor version doesnt support it.

The old trick was to rename the original files, and force the drawing to ask you
for it's reference file.  You'd point it to the new copies, and you'd be off and
running (after renaming the originals again, of course).

source:

http://www.inventortales.com/2010/09/change-model-reference-making-switch.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.