Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailing Zero in Exported Parameter with Fractional-Feet Format

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wimann
338 Views, 2 Replies

Trailing Zero in Exported Parameter with Fractional-Feet Format

Hello everyone,

I've got a quick one for you guys. So I've started utilizing parts with exported parameters more frequently at work. It works great but there is one thing I would need to change that pretty well perfect it.

Say I have a part which is 40 feet long. If I were to call this out in my drawing (using a leader text for example), my company standard would have it say "<description> x 40'-0" LG <description>". However, if I export the parameter and use it in the leader text, the result I get is "<description> x 40' LG <description>". I know that they provide the same information but the less "different" something I'm trying to integrate into our normal practices is, the better.

The obvious benefit is not having a leader text call out something in text, but rather to have it reflect the actual dimensions in the part file. I'm just wondering if there is a way to get that format specifically. The way I'm used to formatting them in the part file parameters dailog is as shown below:

customprop.JPG

And as you can see, "Trailing Zeros" cannot be applied to this parameter.

Any thoughts?

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dan_inv09
in reply to: wimann

On you leader text, did you try right clicking and selecting "Edit Unit Attributes..."?

Message 3 of 3
wimann
in reply to: dan_inv09

Just gave it a try. Didn't seem to change anything in the leader. Could this potentially be because the leader contains more than one parameter from the part file?

I've found, in the meantime, that I can work around this issue but having my feet and inches exported seperately. Though I still feel this is a bit clunky. It does get the job done.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report