Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totaly confused with lighting settings, please help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Orest_iy
177 Views, 1 Reply

Totaly confused with lighting settings, please help

Hello

I wish I have lighting setting with one same name to affect all opened parts and assemblies.

Now each part or assembly has or can have a different lighting settings under the same name.

For example I can make some alterations of Two Lights in one assembly, I can save changes to library (Manage-Save), but when I open the other part or assembly within same project I can have another lighting setting. I thought it must be choice of Document or Application settings resposible for that but it does not make any difference. The Lighting setting still affect only the assembly or part it located in. The Inventor reload does not help either.

Please help,

Regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
trumpy81
in reply to: Orest_iy

Orest Yavtushenko, I am seeing the same behaviour with appearances as well as lighting also.

I hope someone from Autodesk can shed some light on this, it IS quite frustrating at times, and I don't think this is how it was intended to work, or at least I hope it's not ... lol

I currently have one main assembly with two different parts in it that are styled with the same appearance, yet they display two different colors. Very odd, I have tried several things to correct the problem, but so far nothing has worked.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report