Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally wierd ipart issue after installing IV Pro 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
NRGWS
352 Views, 7 Replies

Totally wierd ipart issue after installing IV Pro 2013

Okay, so we have hundreds of iparts that we use on a networked drive instead of a CC library, as our company gives us no support for a CC, and deleted the last CC i created by accident and never fixed it, so after upgreading everyone to 2013 2 days ago, none of our ipart masters will allow you to expand them to choose options by their keys... it like the iparts are gone but still remain, we are having to set a  row to default then save the part out.... any ideas, is there a setting turned on by default in 2013?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: NRGWS

Hi NRGWS ,

Do your iPart factory files have more than 1000 members/rows? If so maybe this link will help fix the issue:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2010/05/ipart-claustrophobia-in-excel.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 8
NRGWS
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks, I totally forgot about that, I used that when I set them up.... duh!!!!

Thanks for the reminder

Message 4 of 8
NRGWS

Okay, I guess something has changed, becasue I have tried to add the "MaxRowInBrowser" in as a both a DWORD (32 bit) and QWORD (64 bit), in both "versions", I've tried the decimal, the Hexadecimal, I've tried it in "" and without..... I just can not get the ipart to update and allow expansion... any ideas or am I just missing something?

So just as a test, I went ahead and made a copy of my excel table and deleted out all but 990 lines, and of course the + came back and I could expande my key selections... so I seem to be missing something somewhere. The method for creating the "MaxRowInBrowser" was for an older   version of IV, would the principle still apply for IV Pro 2013?

Message 5 of 8
agray83

has there been any updates on this? we use a lot of large tables that need to be regenerated.

Message 6 of 8
machiel.veldkamp
in reply to: agray83

Any updates now?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

@machiel.veldkamp

No changes have been made regarding large table configurations in iParts and/or in iAssembly.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8

Alright. Thanks for the update.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report