Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torsion Spring

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
georgelawson1705
1478 Views, 2 Replies

Torsion Spring

Torsion Spring:

Hi. Has anyone had any success with torsion springs? I have a small torsion spring with two axial legs that we have used for 30 years. Design Accelerator would not accept the positioning(?) angle of the legs, so I had to settle for the closest model. the spring legs are 90 degrees apart loose. Total travel is 120 degrees, with 30 degree pre-load position from loose. I need to position the spring-driven component, and the spring does not 'give'. The spring is marked 'flexible', yet the only instance of 'Adaptive' I can see is greyed out. I have not been able to make the torsion spring adaptable, and flexible doesn't appear to do anything. Any help would be most appreciated.

Best regards,
Geo.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: georgelawson1705

> Any help would be most appreciated.

Can you attach the file here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3

Please see attached zip file for the spring ipt and iam files from the design accelerator.
When in used, the spring is held wound 90 degrees from stop (stop is 30 deg from loose), then released to rotate a coaxial part to the stop position.

Thank you for looking.
Geo. Edited by: georgelawson1705 on Aug 20, 2009 3:20 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report