Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torion Spring Issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gcross
292 Views, 3 Replies

Torion Spring Issue

I created a torsion spring using Design Accellerator & today I discovered I could no longer edit the IAM file via the Design Accelerator dialog anymore like before. There used to be a choice in the RMB menu for editing via DA. But now it opens like any part with a feature tree.

Is there a spring guru out there that might lend some assist?

I need to modify it to have only 7 coils+ a little longer coil & having trouble getting the results I need. Part is attached

Thanks.

Gary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gcross
in reply to: gcross

Thought I would add the Spring Bracket (attached) that the spring will be assembled to in case that might show what I'm trying to accomplish.

Gary

Message 3 of 4
JavaLodge

A couple questions:

When you look at the torsion spring item in the tree, what symbol is beside it?

Have you used more than one of this spring in your assembly?

When any design accelerator part is used more than once in an assembly, the duplicates are all regular assemblies, linked to the main design accelerator part.  If you change that part, every other occurence of it changes.  It is possible to delete the original DA part and still have the regular parts hanging around.  You can still use them, they are just not editable anymore.  Unless someone else knows a way, I don't think it's possible to get the regular assembly part back as an editable design accelerator part.  You may have to just remake the spring with the DA.

Gary,

I too find it easy and frustrating to loose the link back to DAcc.

Probably too late to be of any use, but the easiest way to adjust the spring would be to edit the paramters table.

Just subtract the number of coils you sant to reduce the spring by from da_ni.

Capture.PNG

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report