Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance in Hole Table (Iv2010)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tlebrun
1545 Views, 2 Replies

Tolerance in Hole Table (Iv2010)

(just looked at the other 50+ threads about this subject, no help)

I cannot display hole tolerance within a Hole Table (not X and Y, but the hole tolerance itself)

* In the model, I've added tolerance to a hole c'bore diameter

(right click on hole > edit feature > right click c'bore dia > Tolerance > add type deviation +.003 / -.002 > save)

* In the IDW, right click on c'bore diameter value> edit > edit hole note >

tried enabling "part units"

> Precision and Tolerance > tried both "Use part tolerance" and manually added tolerance

But no luck with having the tolerance display in hte hole table.

See attached picture.

What am I missing?!?!?!?!?!?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.anderson
in reply to: tlebrun

Hey Tom, how's it going?

I made a video in Inventor 2010(SP2) showing the steps used to have the tolerance for the C'Bore Dia in the chart.

In comparing the settings I used to yours, it looks like the issue is in the Part Tolerance. Pick the option to Use Part Tolerance. If you don’t want to be restricted to the Part Units, you’ll need to pick the Deviation from the list.

This does appear to be what you have done though, but have a look at the video to verify.

http://screencast.com/t/v2Y2Gyd6

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
tlebrun
in reply to: dave.anderson

Holy crap, its Dave!  What have you been up to? (becides helping people on message boards 🙂

Back on topic.  I've done the exact steps in the video, but it turns out it the problem might be on my end with only using SP0 instead of SP2 on your end.  A while ago we upgraded to SP1 but SP1 broke the grip circles on leader notes (we need those) so we rolled back to SP0 and stayed there.  Maybe SP2 fixes the problem I have, but won't be worth looking into because we will be on 2012 in a few weeks.

I was able to hack the chart to get it to look like what I wanted. (see attached) [replaced "hole depth" with custom "hole depth" and was able to copy/paste text into the custom field for the tolerances]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report