Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance Analysis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AMontembeault
1779 Views, 5 Replies

Tolerance Analysis

Would anyone happen to know of a user-friendly, integrated solution for tolerance analysis for Inventor? Im looking for something like CETOL for solidworks and pro-e, but havent been able to find anything. The "worst case" tolerance analysis that inventor offers natively is cumbersome to use, and insufficient for my needs due to its inabillity to work with GD+T at the model level (which CETOL does). I've written Monte Carlo based tolerance analysis spreadsheets, but its very time consuming, not easy to communicate to my fellow designers who may not be so statistically savvy, and difficult to implement GD+T into for 3d analysis. I looked an MITcalc and ToleranceCalc 6.0, but these seem too confusing and don't really have all the functionality I want.

If any autodesk developers are reading this, I'd give an arm and a leg for the abillity to add GD+T at the model level and perform statistical tolerance analysis natively. It seems Inventor is the only mainstream 3D package without this functionality, as near as I can tell, either natively or supported by 3rd parties.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
r_johnr
in reply to: AMontembeault

I agree fully with the above comment.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I really could use this capability also.

Message 4 of 6
spackle42

Sounds like one for the Idea Station

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20GHz
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4
Message 5 of 6
tirador68

This NEEDS to happen with this product. Here we are on the cusp of the 2016 release and this is still not a built in or bolt on capability.
Message 6 of 6
blair
in reply to: tirador68

Thanks for using the Search function in the Comminity Forum. This post is a couple of years old, Inventor Release 2016 was released back in March/April of this year.

Have you opened Inventor and used the Search for "Tolerance"?

Capture6.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report