Inventor General Discussion

vijay2knight
Message 1 of 3 (478 Views)
Accepted Solution

To scribe lines on a cylinder

478 Views, 2 Replies
03-01-2012 04:49 PM

Hi,

1. I would like to scribe number of lines in axial direction & around the circumference of a cylinder

2. Secondly, I want those lines to be visible on .idw file so that I can print my drawing

Sample image attached.

Thanks.

To get accurate lines on a drawing view, that are controlled within an ipt, you need to use surface modeling.  You project surfaces to the cylinders body, which are created on workplanes that you can move or control.  I attached a screen capture of the idw model tree.  In the idw, you need to right click the ipt and select include all surfaces and on 3D scketches right click and select include.

Hope this helps.

Stephen R.

Valued Contributor
hosford
Message 2 of 3 (463 Views)

Re: To scribe lines on a cylinder

03-01-2012 06:40 PM in reply to: vijay2knight

just extrude a small cut and array it around the centerline, then revolve a small cut and array it along the length

M6700, i7-3820QM, 32GB, 512 SSD
Win 7 Ultimate 64
Nvidia K3000M
Inventor 2015
Active Contributor
stephenrottloff7259
Message 3 of 3 (418 Views)

Re: To scribe lines on a cylinder

03-02-2012 05:16 AM in reply to: vijay2knight

To get accurate lines on a drawing view, that are controlled within an ipt, you need to use surface modeling.  You project surfaces to the cylinders body, which are created on workplanes that you can move or control.  I attached a screen capture of the idw model tree.  In the idw, you need to right click the ipt and select include all surfaces and on 3D scketches right click and select include.

Hope this helps.

Stephen R.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.