Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock - Link text param to symbol ??

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Josy05
411 Views, 6 Replies

Titleblock - Link text param to symbol ??

Hello,

We have a "miter" custom property and we would like an asterisk to show in the titleblock when this value is set to true. As a first step I've added this text parameter in our titleblock, of course at the moment it shows the words True or False which is not good.

How can I acheive the result I want? Is it an iLogic rule type of thing?

Thanks,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Josy05

Josee,

Take a look at this thread.

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/use-ilogic-to-fill-out-your-title-block.html

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
Josy05
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the thread but since I have no vb programming experience I don't see how I can change a custom value into an asteriks using iLogic. I will do more research on the matter.

Thanks anyway,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Message 4 of 7
Josy05

Hi,

After a bit of investigation I did not find how to acheive my initial request. I approached the matter differently and made a rule to change my titleblock to one containing the asteriks when a specific value is found. I don't know if its a good method or only a work around but until I get the knowledge I desire this will do.

Thanks,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Message 5 of 7
Cadmanto

Josee,

I am glad you found something that worked for you.  I don't have much experience with iLogic either, but like you have found I have been able to download a few routines and tweak them through trial and error to get what I needed.  That is why with the link I gave you I figured you might be able to study it, and maybe get it to work for your application.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 7
mrattray

I would have created a custom property in the drawing, added that to my titleblock, and then set the value of the property using an if then statement with the parameter as the expression.

If Parameter("myFile.ipt.miter") = True Then
iProperties.Vlaue("Custom", "asterisk") = "*"
Else
iProperties.Vlaue("Custom", "asterisk") = ""
End If
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 7
Josy05
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks Mike, this is perfect an a much better solution.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report