Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Bock Text

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Paul-Mason
260 Views, 6 Replies

Title Bock Text

I have three customised sheet templates for metric, imperial and metric imperial duel dimensions. The basic layout of these title blocks are the same EXCEPT for the text colours. When I first created these new templates I over-rode the default text colour as well as setting a different specific size text size for A4,A3,A2,A1 and A0 title blocks within the title block edit to be BLUE for IMPERIAL and RED for METRIC

So today I changed the colour and size of the Notes and Labels Text in style editor saved these but now when I use the two template's with the different colours they text is now the same colour and size as that in the recently changed and saved style.

I was of the assumption that If I manually over rode the colours and size that text in a title block  editor that these would stay set at that colour and size regardless of any changes made in the style editor with regards to the text settings. This was the case in IV2013 in which these templates were created but is seem not to be in IV2014.

Is any one else seeing this behavior with there customised title- lock that were created in a previous version of IV ????

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Paul-Mason

I am still in 2013, but I do know if you change this in the template, every drawing using that template will reflect the changes, but if only done in a specific drawing, these styles changes only reflect in that specific drawing.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

I thought so as well, I'd check if any SP's and Updates to SP's address this issue. One should always be current with all SP's and Updates.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
Paul-Mason
in reply to: blair

(EIDTED @ 12.42 BST) 

All SPs and update installed up to SP2 Update 1 - 14/06/2014, not seen any notices of any further SPs, or Hot-fixes. I'm going to have a look as check though.

I currently going through all the templates manually changing the text overrides, this time there sticking regardless of any changes to the mother text settings.

Bit of an unnecessary monotonous  time consuming task though, 3 different templates each with 4 different sheet sizes and 12 section and two lots of text per section.

Biggest bug-bear with this is that when I over-ride a default text setting, even if its a note in a drawing to either make it bigger  or a different colour, it is over-riden for specific reason, in this case the text size is to big for the title-block with out the title-block taking up to much space. If I over-ride somthing I expect that over-ride to be hounered at all times, more so with a correctly fornatted and saved template file.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
=================
Message 5 of 7
Paul-Mason

And now another when I select the text to chnge the colour, going through the appropraate actions, I then get this error :-

PM screen shot001.png

Inventor seems to think I selecting a dimention to chnge for some reaosn, when I not, so now I've got to delet one of the dims to be able to select and change the text.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
=================
Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

So, basically you are looking for the changes in the styles to be grandfathered into all drawings forward and backwards.  Never known Inventor to do that.

I know, I wouldn't want that to happen in my situation.  That would be unsettling to me and cause a lot of cautious.  Like I said before, and like it seems you have done already, make these changes in the template.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
Paul-Mason
in reply to: Cadmanto

"So, basically you are looking for the changes in the styles to be grandfathered into all drawings forward and backwards" ?????? WHAT ????

I'm just looking for the OVER-RIDE to be honored in 2014 in the same way as they were honoured in 2013 ie When using 2013 I could over-ride the set style from 10mm  to 3mm in the title-block by "Select Text - RMB  - Edit Text" and making the changes then I'd expect" that over-ride, once I click "YES" to save the changes in the title-block, to stay set a that size and not be affected by any changes made out side the Title-block editor. The whole idea of an over-ride is just that make changes with out affecting anything else over that that particular piece of text.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
=================

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report