Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Blockage

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Talayoe
257 Views, 5 Replies

Title Blockage

Hello All,

I was curious, when creating multi sheet drawings, how can I place different information in the title block on each drawing?

Example, 2 pages, Description on page 1 = PAGE 1 DESC, by default this same description will show up on all subsequent pages. How do I get page 2 description to be different?

Tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
japike
in reply to: Talayoe

You could make a title block for page 2 that uses different properties than the title block on page 1.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 3 of 6
jtylerbc

Either creating custom iProperties for the addtional sheets, or making the Description field a prompted entry instead of an iProperty.

By the way, this sort of complication is one of the arguments I use for not structuring drawings as multiple sheet in the first place.  In my opinion, it's much easier for each seperate drawing to have its own file so you can just use the properties.

Message 4 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thank you both for the reply. With the iproperties, it would be a bit cumbersome and painful to always edit each sheets title block.

On that thought, how would I create a prompted entry? This entriges me a little...

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 5 of 6
japike

Edit your title block definition in your template. Right click on your description property and select edit text. In the edit text dialog, click the drop down arrow for "Type" and select "Prompted Entry". Click "OK" . Save the title block.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 6 of 6
jtylerbc

@Talayoe wrote:

Thank you both for the reply. With the iproperties, it would be a bit cumbersome and painful to always edit each sheets title block.

Agreed.  I got interrupted in the middle of writing my previous post, and so forgot to mention it, but I was originally going to say that the iProperty method would only really make sense if there was a consistent number of pages (ex. if most of your drawings had 2 sheets).  It would be a real mess if you sometimes have 1, sometimes have 3, and sometimes have 42 sheets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report