Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block - Property Field question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Draykke9
1116 Views, 5 Replies

Title Block - Property Field question

Hey all,

First time posting on here, but i've been using the forums for a while to find answers for myself and my co-workers.

I can't seem to find an answer to my co-workers newest question for me, that being, is there a way to edit the property fields of a title block and have those entries apply to all sheets? Its so time consuming to go through a drawing consisting of many sheets and edit the entries for each field and I am looking for an easier way to go about doing this.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Draykke9

Welcome to the family!

Quick answer is no.  You can make these changes to the title block in your Template files, and they will propogate to any new drawings you create.  In existing drawings, however, you will need to either edit definition on each one, or swap out the titleblock for the one you have modified in your template.  Either way, there is no quick way to do it across the board for all existing drawings.

Unless ther eis some ilogic way to do this that I'm not aware of?  Anyone?

Message 3 of 6
Draykke9
in reply to: cbenner

I feel as though i wasn't very clear on my question haha.

Within a drawing, I have my title block set up so that when i open the Field Text of my company's title block, the property fields window pops up. Then i can enter in the property fields like REV#, REV note, date, ECN #, etc. for each line in the title block. So, currently if i have a drawing consisting of 10 sheets, i have to go into the Field Text for each sheet and input those values for each property field. There isn't a way so that i can enter the properties to one sheet, and have those properties apply to each sheet?

Message 4 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Draykke9

@Draykke9 wrote:

I feel as though i wasn't very clear on my question haha.

Within a drawing, I have my title block set up so that when i open the Field Text of my company's title block, the property fields window pops up. Then i can enter in the property fields like REV#, REV note, date, ECN #, etc. for each line in the title block. So, currently if i have a drawing consisting of 10 sheets, i have to go into the Field Text for each sheet and input those values for each property field. There isn't a way so that i can enter the properties to one sheet, and have those properties apply to each sheet?

Well, I completely misunderstood that one, didn't I?  Smiley Embarassed

If you map those fields in your tblock to Drawing Porperties, and then set the value on the drawing iproperties, it should populate each sheet.  However, if these are manually entered... you will have to edit each sheet one at a time.  If these values are the same for all sheets, I would recommend the drawing properties approach.

Message 5 of 6
Mario428
in reply to: cbenner

We have our templates setup this way. We do not use Rev control etc but we insert Customer name, job # etc and all sheets have the same title block.

The only one that gets filled in is the sheet description and that is a popup that opens when new sheet is inserted.

All the properties are entered from Custom Properties in Iproperties,

Message 6 of 6
Draykke9
in reply to: Mario428

Yea, that sounds like an easier setup for sure. unfortunately for me, i have alot of variable to be inputed for document control.

On a good note, I've learned all about iLogic stuff in about 30 minutes, so I am now working on a new template for my company haha.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report