Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block - How do you add Properites to Properties drawing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
621 Views, 4 Replies

Title Block - How do you add Properites to Properties drawing

I want to add new properties so I can have new, custom rows when I go to Fields text in a drawing enviroment?

I can see how you add Prompted Entry ans so. Cant add anything to basic properties.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mflayler2
in reply to: Anonymous

So I take it you watched my class and downloaded the handout.  If you are trying to get fields as prompted entries you cannot do this with iProperties.  If you want Custom iProperties you need to add them to the drawing iProperties (Custom Tab) and then they will be available for use in the TitleBlock creation.

If you need them in the Model, then you must place a Model into the drawing with those Custom iProperties and then they will be available in the TitleBlock.

One problem you will have with Prompted Entries and mix with iProperties is that you cannot edit iProperties in the Field Edit box, you have to do it in the actual iProperties.  I would caution you against using Prompted Entries at all in your TitleBlock due to this and the fact they are not searchable when you are using a Data Management software like Vault or Enovia.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler2

I wanted to ad new properties to drawing properties.

When you start text command, you have two drop down menus one says drawings properties the other gives you the option AUTHOR etc. Hoped to add some new ones there.

I watched your video, it was very helpful, created my title block and drawings templated today, but you did not mention a work about that in it.

If they cant be added will have to work around it.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
mflayler2
in reply to: Anonymous

Let me reitterate...

In your drawing go to the iProperties

Go to the Custom Tab

Create New Custom iProperties for the drawing

In the Text Editor you will now see a pull down options for Custom Properties - Drawing

Use those

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler2

Yup, works.

Thats bit confusing that "custom properties" appear only after you create one.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report