Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Help (two revision spaces)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
540 Views, 4 Replies

Title Block Help (two revision spaces)

Hello,

New to the group and hoping to get some help..Desperate.  I am working on a drawing and the customer title block has two spots for revision.  upper left of .idw and also in main title block.  I have the title block set up for field text.  My question is this.  Is there any way to link the two revision text boxes together so when I change the revision in the main title block, the revision in the upper left with also update simultaneously with same rev, rather than having two different prompted entries set up.  I would also do this with the drawing number as well as it is also on the drawing in two places per customer request.  I know somehow autocad can do it, and I just can't figure it out in inventor.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy question.

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Change it to pull the revision from the drawings iproperties. Then when you go into the drawings iproperties and change the revision it will update in both places.

See attached image.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Ideally this would work, however I would rather not link it to the actual part file if possible.  There are times we will scrub something for a customer without actually changing the part file.  I would rather just set it up so it works together strictly in the .idw file.  update one field text for rev and the other rev follows suit.  if at all possible.

Thanks for your reply.

Matt

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

i think you misunderstood the previous reply.

each drawing can pull from the Model iprops (IPT or IAM) or it can pull from the drawing (IDW or DWG) iprops.

set both of your Rev fields to look at the iprops for just the drawing file and then you can edit the rev in the iProps and it will update both places.

This will allow you to use the built in Rev block and rev tags if you want as well. Because they can be set to automatically write to the drawing iprops. but that's not required.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

THANKS FOR THE HELP. i THINK THIS WILL WORK.

MATT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report