Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Formatting

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JKHouston
387 Views, 5 Replies

Title Block Formatting

I've been trying to figure out how to correct the formatting of the mass units in my title block but cannot figure it out. So, I thought I would ask here and see if someone can point me in the right direction.

I am using the mass property from my model in my title block but it includes the "lbmass" suffix to the weight. I would like to be able to remove the suffix but cannot figure out how to change the formatting.

Is there some way to parse that info from the property or do I need to get my information some other way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: JKHouston

John,

I just went through this.  What I did was apply an iLogic Rule (see attached) and just typed "LBS" after the property name. 

You first have to create a property name called "TotalWT". 

Then run the rule.

While you are editing definition in your template drawing title block, edit the text and browse to

prop.PNG

Then under the property listing select "TotalWT".

You also should setup triggers so that when you save or open the document this rule will run automatically.  This will keep the weight current.

I have since added this rule as an external rule so I can run it and have the same info on older drawings.

When you are done, it should look like this.

WEIGHT.PNG

I hope this helps you.  Good luck.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
SeanFarr
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have been running the same rule for awhile now, works greats..

Cadmanto, do you know why the results are calculated in KG? Why do we have to mulitply by the conversion factor to get LBS results??

Rule works great, just never understood why we have to convert, when working in imperial units to start with.

weight_rule.png

Thanks

Sean

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 4 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: SeanFarr

You have to convert, because Inventor never works in Imperial units. When you set your units to Imperial it does it's internal calculations in kg and cm, when it displays information on the screen to you it converts it into lbs and in for you. In fact, if your working in metric using g and mm, Inventor is still working in the background in kg and cm.

When you use programming to manipulate data, you're bypassing the interface and therefore bypassing the seamless conversion from kg to lbs. Hence, you must manually convert.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
SeanFarr
in reply to: mrattray

Yea, makes sense to me,

Thanks!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 6 of 6
JKHouston
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report