Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on making my Presentation animations look better.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeanchile
422 Views, 2 Replies

Tips on making my Presentation animations look better.

Hello All,

Short Version: How can I write out an animation from a presentation file and not have it look like crap?

Long Version: I use the presentation files in Inventor quite a bit to deconstruct some of the bigger structure things we do. In some of the pre-construction meetings we will often hook up IV and run an animation (from directly within the presentation file) that shows the steel erector the sequence for putting something together. I need to show one of these at a meeting tomorrow but will only be using an iPad. I wrote out the animation from the presentation file and it looks like garbage. How can I get something usable out of this for tomorrow (and in the future)? It's real easy for me to open up something like is shown in the attached picture and pull it all apart and animate it back together. Setting up the animation took less than an hour. Three hours after that and I still don't have one I can use.

This is the thing I am animating (87 Sequences):

141010-14117-RayTraceRender01.png

Here's the settings I am using:

Settings.PNG

Here's what it looks like:

Garbage.PNG

A lot of this stuff is sub-assemblies that are large enough to see what is going on but some of it is so small you can't even see it moving.

Thanks for the help!

Inventor Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: jeanchile

Is there a compelling reason that you cannot use Environments>Inventor Studio for these animations rather than *.ipn?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
jeanchile
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the suggestion JD. I don't know that it's a compelling reason but my thought process was I didn't want to have to adjust 150 constraints and then wait 2 days for it to render out a 3 minute video. That being said, I realize there may be some flaws in my thinking simply becuase I haven't used Studio much in the past and not at all since Showcase.

My meeting is in 3 1/2 hours and I needed to get something done quickly. I've used recorded animations from ".ipn's" before in the past with decent results but never on something this big with over a hundred tweaks. I will say though, for a simple way to show people how things go back together, the idea of the presentation file animation is a good one. It only took me an hour to deconstruct this thing and I was thinking all I had to do was hit the animate/record button when I was done.

I guess I'm packing up the laptop now but I would be curious about your workflow for something like this in Studio. If you had a structure like this and 80 or so of the pieces had to be animated so that they fly in, rotate, and then shift into place, how would you go about it easily in Studio? Also, all of the pieces are constrained using flush mates (this was done using FG obviously) which used to mean I had to re-constrain everything that rotated. Is there a way to overcome that in Studio now (I would assume it's still the same)?

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report