Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnails for iPart Children Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
225 Views, 3 Replies

Thumbnails for iPart Children Problem

When I initially generate a child from an iPart factory, the thumbnail in Windows Explorer for the child looks like below. Windows XP. Any idea how to fix this? Alex
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am guessing that is the way it was saved. Opening the file and just adjusting the view isn't enough change to make it save a new preview when you save. You can force a new preview by opening it, right click on the name at the top of the browser and select properties. In properties go to the Save tab, and select active window, then capture button. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Alex Alexander" wrote in message news:40daec31$1_2@newsprd01... When I initially generate a child from an iPart factory, the thumbnail in Windows Explorer for the child looks like below. Windows XP. Any idea how to fix this? Alex
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yes, this type of thumbnail occurs on every iPart I make though. Because these children are saved in a library, I can't edit the properties and Save Preview without a hassle. I'll post a reply if I find a fix for this. "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:40daf38e$1_3@newsprd01... > I am guessing that is the way it was saved. Opening the file and just > adjusting the view isn't enough change to make it save a new preview when > you save. You can force a new preview by opening it, right click on the > name at the top of the browser and select properties. In properties go to > the Save tab, and select active window, then capture button. > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > "Alex Alexander" wrote in message > news:40daec31$1_2@newsprd01... > When I initially generate a child from an iPart factory, the thumbnail in > Windows Explorer for the child looks like below. Windows XP. Any idea how > to fix this? > > Alex > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Maxim-CADman77

What the "below" refers to?

Isn't the thread is devoted to problem of thumbnail for active meber being saved to each member (existing for ages and at least in Inventor 2012)?

Have you found solution for your problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report