Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Alex Alexander
Message 1 of 4 (102 Views)

Thumbnails for iPart Children Problem

102 Views, 3 Replies
06-24-2004 07:58 AM
When I initially generate a child from an iPart factory, the thumbnail in Windows Explorer for the child looks like below. Windows XP. Any idea how to fix this? Alex
*Kent Keller
Message 2 of 4 (102 Views)

Re: Thumbnails for iPart Children Problem

06-24-2004 08:32 AM in reply to: *Alex Alexander
I am guessing that is the way it was saved. Opening the file and just adjusting the view isn't enough change to make it save a new preview when you save. You can force a new preview by opening it, right click on the name at the top of the browser and select properties. In properties go to the Save tab, and select active window, then capture button. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Alex Alexander" wrote in message news:40daec31$1_2@newsprd01... When I initially generate a child from an iPart factory, the thumbnail in Windows Explorer for the child looks like below. Windows XP. Any idea how to fix this? Alex
*Alex Alexander
Message 3 of 4 (102 Views)

06-24-2004 08:58 AM in reply to: *Alex Alexander
Yes, this type of thumbnail occurs on every iPart I make though. Because these children are saved in a library, I can't edit the properties and Save Preview without a hassle. I'll post a reply if I find a fix for this. "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:40daf38e$1_3@newsprd01... > I am guessing that is the way it was saved. Opening the file and just > adjusting the view isn't enough change to make it save a new preview when > you save. You can force a new preview by opening it, right click on the > name at the top of the browser and select properties. In properties go to > the Save tab, and select active window, then capture button. > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > "Alex Alexander" wrote in message > news:40daec31$1_2@newsprd01... > When I initially generate a child from an iPart factory, the thumbnail in > Windows Explorer for the child looks like below. Windows XP. Any idea how > to fix this? > > Alex > > > >
Valued Mentor
MaximUdod
Message 4 of 4 (50 Views)

12-18-2012 03:04 AM in reply to: *Alex Alexander

What the "below" refers to?

Isn't the thread is devoted to problem of thumbnail for active meber being saved to each member (existing for ages and at least in Inventor 2012)?

Have you found solution for your problem?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.