Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threaded bar

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
topher5150
2429 Views, 8 Replies

Threaded bar

Our company works with some non-standard threads. I am making some 3-D models of our product and need to make a threaded bar. Any tips on how to do this???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: topher5150

Are you talking about something more then drawing a circle, protruding it, chamfering the ends and showing some cosmetic threads on it?

thread.PNG

If not, can you elaborate some more?  Like are you looking for a factory part to be created and then published into the CC?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
blair

I know: Wet Bar, Pealer Bar, Oxygen Bar and Bar with boot rails and stools Smiley Very Happy

Need mor info, actual profile cut threads or just a cosmetic looking thread? 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 9
topher5150
in reply to: Cadmanto

The threads we use aren't in the command that you posted a pic of, but that is basically what I am thinking of, cosmetic threads. In CAD we have the thread profile that, in a block, that we use for our 2-D drawings.

Message 5 of 9
blair

The easiest may be to use the cosmetic thread with thread note. You can add to the: "thread.xls" spread sheet that ships with Inventor.

When editing files, make a copy of the file first.

The default location: User>Public>Public Ducuments>Autodesk>Inventor 2013>Design Data>XLS> 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto

Are they threads found in the Machinery's handbook or are they custom?

Do you want these rods to be a factory file with multiple configurations?

Do you want to publish this rod into the content center?

What are you looking to the end result to look like.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 9
topher5150
in reply to: Cadmanto

I'm doing this just for my own pleasure, when I get some down time I draw our products on Invnetor so I don't get rusty. It doesn't need to be any thing special. Our threads are not found in the machinest hand book either.

Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

Then I would just do as I outlined in my first posting and just throw the thread on the part.

With the model sizes being to your company specs.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 9
jletcher

Bottle.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report