Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread - Shaft genreator

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
hansome_one
367 Views, 0 Replies

thread - Shaft genreator

Hello all,

Have a little Head scratcher here. I was using the shaft generator to create a shaft that has a lot of size diameters on it. (see attached image "thread-shaft"). On each end there is a short splined area, and they are common size splines so IV creates them very nicely.  Now i have a small area that has a large diameter thread on it. (4-5/8 - 12tpi). In the base thread.xls all the thread sizes stop at 4". That is fine because I have my own thread sheets in the xls for alot of different size non-common type threads.  (i.e. Buttress, very large diameter threads 4"-15"). Now, why is it that the shaft generator tool does not read my sheets that i created in the default thread.xls file location??  See attached images from assembly shaft generator & just regular part thread creator.  I am guessing that it would read from the same file just like a part??  I must be wrong???  Not sure....  any thoughts???  thanks.

2013 IV Ultimate Design Sut.

i7 3.5G overclocked

W7 - 64bit 12g ram

2016 Inventor
W7 - 64 bit
i7 2.6ghz
16g Ram - 3000M
Design Consultant
Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report