Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread modelling download

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
peter.halloway
1062 Views, 6 Replies

thread modelling download

I am having problems downloading the thread modelling add on can anyone help please

Pete

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: peter.halloway

Last I knew - it only created British Whitworth threadform (someone correct me if I am wrong).

It only takes a couple of minutes to Coil a triangle.

If you are going to 3D print your threads - you need to add extra clearance anyhow as 3D printing is not particularly precise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
blair
in reply to: JDMather

I know it uses Imperial measurements to produce Metric threads. Never relied on it for anything other than standard ANSI bolt threads. I just dig out my Machinist Handbook and use JD's recommendation.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

Download works fine.. 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
peter.halloway
in reply to: mcgyvr

could you please send a link as I don?t seem to get there

Many thanks

Pete
Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: peter.halloway

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3athread...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
peter.halloway
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you I have successfully installed and used it. However, it seems to work on external threads but didn?t seem to see a thread in a hole feature.

Thanks again

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report