Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cht1989
331 Views, 4 Replies

Thread issue

Please help, I can't see threaded surface after I had done exercuted thread. Is there any missing softwware that I didn't download? Help is appreciated. Please see the attached document.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: cht1989

Do you have MS Excel installed on this machine and and did you run it at least once before installing Inventor?

Did you install Inventor with anti-virus and UAC turned off?

Is this a new problem - or did it used to work on this machine?

What version of Inventor are you running?  Have you installed all Service Packs, Hot-fixes or Updates for your version?

Can you attach the *.ipt file here?

What diameter is your cylinder?

What Specification did you use for the thread?

If you go to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab, what happens if you set to lowest option?

If you open a threaded part from the Samples/Tutorials files do you see a thread?

If you create a 2D drawing do you see simplified representation of the threads?

Is your graphics card driver up  to date?

What are your system specifications?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
cht1989
in reply to: JDMather

Yes, I have MS excel installed, anti-virus is on, but what is UAC? I'm running Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012. The diameter is M12 x 1.75 spec, but regardless of what diameter, still the same problem....Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: cht1989

UAC = User Access Control (Windows OS) and could very likely be the source of the problem.  (either that or a graphics card driver)

Inventor (especially 2012) should be installed with UAC temporarily turned off during the install.

You didn't answer several other of my questions.

Your part on my machine.

Thread Image.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
cht1989
in reply to: JDMather

Solved!!! Thanks alot, I checked software graphics and compactibility under hardware tab... 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report