Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread class on external custom threads won't show in callout.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jtrain
847 Views, 1 Reply

Thread class on external custom threads won't show in callout.

I can't tell if this is a bug or a "feature."

I have created a custom thread.xls table so that thread callouts are in decimal format per ASME B1.1.

When I use the Hole / Thread feature note in an .idw, the thread class will not show on an external thread. If I change the format to not use Custom Thread Designation, the thread class appears. If I use the Custom Thread Designation on a threaded hole, everything works fine.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dave.anderson
in reply to: jtrain

For External Threads, the "Custom Designation check" box (see attached) is used to apply the fit class. If you enable this setting in the Leader & Notes section of the objects Dimension styles, you should retrieve the Fit class for the external thread.

The Custom Designation check box is used to apply the value in the custom thread designation field defined in the Thread.xls spreadsheet. This is where you need add the fit class you'd like to see in the note and it will be retrieved by default when this option is enabled.

I see it as having two options. You can keep the “default” Thread designation in fractions and opt to use a custom thread designation to designate the thread but you’ll need to include the fit class, OR  you can modify the “default” Thread designation to reflect the value you want in decimal and it will use the fit class separately.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report