Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread & Hole note problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Paul-Mason
1113 Views, 8 Replies

Thread & Hole note problem

If I make a INTERNAL thread note for some unknown reason when I edit it it shows a per this image

Notes & Teads 2.png

However in style standards it is set as per this image

Note & Thears 1.png

It would seem that inventor is no obeying the setting made in styles and standard when placing a threaded hole note, I can unchecked the respective box and then edit the note but why should I have to when I clearly have it set in styles and standard to already be editable. It an annoyance that we can do with out.

This has only started after SP3 For IV2013 was installed.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mpatchus
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Check to see what standard is active for the document.

TOOLS> DOCUMENT SETTINGS> STANDARD

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 9
Paul-Mason
in reply to: mpatchus

This is ONLY the "Default BSI" that this is occurring in, all my other customized dims are OK. I've had a look at the Default BSI the settings in that are that exact same as my customized dims for the hole note i.e.. To allow editing on creation, but that setting is not being honored when this Dim Style is being used.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
=================
Message 4 of 9
matt_jlt

If you look at the screen shot you provided, the styles library hole type is set on "Thru" hole type and the hole example you have shown says "Blind - Full Thread". You need to set the format for all different types of holes in the Styles library by changing it via the combo/drop down box.
Message 5 of 9
Paul-Mason
in reply to: matt_jlt

That has NOTING to do with the actual problem take a look again. REGRDLESS of hole type through, blind or CSK. it is the ACTUALL EDITING ability that is disbale, and if waht you say was true then I'd expect to have to do thiat will all my custom styles as well I have not and ther all based on Deafult BSI witn ONLY DEFAULT BSI having this peoblem.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
=================
Message 6 of 9
matt_jlt

OK I GET IT NOW. I found your original question was UNCLEAR and POORLY structured which led to my misinterpretation.

Please note, I do not have this specific problem and am unable to replicate it using the same version.

Message 7 of 9
okaleja

Hi,

To enable editing in the Edit Hole Note dialog, you need to uncheck 'Use Default' check box in the Options section of the dialog.

Hope this helps,

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 8 of 9
Paul-Mason
in reply to: okaleja

I'm having to unchecked that box EVERY TIME  it is never honored from one use to the next in the same drawing let alone in a new drawing, in my setting that is set to off ie NO CHECK MARK for any of the type of hole/thread notes.

SO why, and this is ONLY after SP3 for Inventor 2013 was installed, is it suddenly doing this for ONLY when the DEFAULT BSI is selected as the dimension style. As I have already side there is NO CHECK mark in the appropriate box to disable editing on creation in the main styles settings for any of the hole/thread note types in the entire list.

So WHY is Inventor NOT honoring that setting it is totally ignoring my preference to allow editing on creation of that type of dimension ????

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
=================
Message 9 of 9
okaleja

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this issue on my machine. I have checked the behavior with Inventor 2013 SP2 and with SP2 + Update 3 as well. In both cases Edit Hole Note dialog honors the particular setting (Use Default) from dimension style.

If possible, could you send me your dataset (model + drawing) at oto.kaleja@autodesk.com for investigation?

Thanks,

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report