Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This release truly sucks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rms390
485 Views, 4 Replies

This release truly sucks.

Just venting some frustration from 10+ crashes a day doing simple stuff like making a new sheet on a drawing, editing a bom, or ever just undo-ing something.  The 2014 release is nothing but garbage.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: rms390

Hi rms390,

This forum is not really an appropriate place to vent, as doing so generally results in distractions and counterproductive results.  I would encourage you to create a more professional and constructive post, so that others can help you figure out what is causing the issue.

Most often when someone sees dramatically poor results from a new release, it is often hardware related. You might consider posting some specific details that others can use to help troubleshoot.

Ground Rules

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/FAQ-How-To-Using-Autodesk/Ground-Rules-Please-review-before-participat...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

For whatever it is worth - I am not experiencing significant number of crashes.

That experiential evidence would seem to indicate to me that your premise is incorrect.

Something other than the software release must be the root of your problems (have you installed SP1 and Update for SP!?).

Can you reproduce steps that lead to a crash?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Nicolas.Bourquin

Hello,

If everything worked normally on the same machine with a previous release of Inventor, this kind of problem could be related to the installation of the product (Antivirus Off, UAC off and with Admin user without restriction during installation), to the hardware which doesn't meet the minimal requirements for 2014 version, to a graphic hardware not certified, to a graphic driver not certified or updated,....

Here is a first link which recommend the minimal hardware requirement for Inventor 2014: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS15402497

Here is a second link to verify if the graphic hardware you use is certified for the 2014 version and also the recommended version of the driver you could directly download :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Proposition of workaround:

Open Inventor >> Ribbon "Tools" tab >> Application Options >> Hardware Tab >> Set Graphic Setting to "Compatibility" and if necessary you could also select "Software graphics" >> Apply >> Close >> close Inventor and launch again to verify.

I hope that will help.

Best Regards

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 5 of 5
bob_holland

One of the things that you might not be aware of is that when you installed our 2014 product you upgraded your Microsoft .NET to .NET 4.5.
So why is .NET important?  .NET handles ALL of the IO for your computer.
Please run Microsoft’s DxDiag.exe.
On the Display Tab it will provide you with your driver version and release date.
If your driver is not dated this year, I would suggest that you upgrade your driver.
Even if it was dated earlier this year, you may want to upgrade your driver because Microsoft has provided a few .NET 4.5 updates.

Please provide me with the make and model of your video card along with your current driver version and release date and I will work to provide you with a suggested driver.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report