Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This messes me up

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jletcher
687 Views, 11 Replies

This messes me up

Is there a way to stop this? I have a ilogic attached to this and when it flips it messes it up and I cant have that. This has been an issue for ever.

Stop 1.JPG

Stop 2.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

Also after it does this you cant flip it back by just moving it like in a drawing. this is very important angle.

Message 3 of 12
jletcher

also I have 5 angle dims and this is the only one that will flip like this.

Message 4 of 12
mflayler2

Just an idea, but have you tried using the three point method of angle dimension creation instead of two line segments?  Might work in this case, might not.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 12
jletcher
in reply to: mflayler2

will not work for this but thanks.

Message 6 of 12
sam_m

times like this (and when I've got angles/dims going through zero) I specifically dim to an non-obvious line that gets the dim away from zero.

Here I'd dim to a line near perpendicular so the angle is about 99 degrees instead of 9 - does that help?  If I've got a point that I know will pass through zero as I change dims about then I tend to draw a line x away from the point and then dim back as x+y (where x >> y) - silly, i know, but avoids the annoying flipping back and forward out of control...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 7 of 12
jletcher
in reply to: sam_m

To be honest I don't understand this is the dim need to calculate my length so I have to do math stuff in ilogic to give me the arc length.

but if I try to understand I will have to add more math to subtract 90° to get the same I have now. are you saying...

Understand.JPG

Message 8 of 12
sam_m

yes, try it from a perpendicular line and add/subtract 90 in the logic code.

makes everything really confusing when you come to look at it again in the future, but Inventor's dimensions seems to behave better (for me). 

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 9 of 12
jletcher

ok I will see if it will work. I guess a working work around is better than this.

Message 10 of 12
jletcher

nope it flipped too...

flip 1.JPG

flip 2.JPG

Message 11 of 12
jletcher

oh wait let me put my math in it may be ok it looked like it flipped but it might not have.

Message 12 of 12
jletcher

Well it seems to work we will run the 1000 auto change ilogic log length and see. I will let you know more after my change part ilogic runs it 1000 tims.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report