Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is the shape i want but....

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
James__S
343 Views, 8 Replies

This is the shape i want but....

The attached 2013 file has the shape i want.To get the Lofts to work i used a Centreline option.The sketch 7 + 8 + 9 do not touch sketch 1 but it does give the shape i require.....this is only a trial attempt so i am not concerned with errors....are the Lofts created incorrectly for this shape...is it possible to actually have all the sketches from 2 to 9 touch sketch 1 and still give the same shape.....i am asking because i am not sure that the Lofts are created correctly But it does give the shape i wanted......could you get the same result as the shape attached but with better control of the sketches....example all sketches pinned to the sketch 1 profile instead of the 7 +8 +9 to touching sketch 1........is the Centreline the correct option....i could not get it work with the other options in the Lofts ?

Thanks for any help

James

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
-niels-
in reply to: James__S

I'm guessing this is a continuation of this previous topic you posted?
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/spiral-shape/td-p/5228063

Can't help you further though, just adding the link for reference to the other participants.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 9
James__S
in reply to: -niels-

Yes thanks.....decided to start new thread as other was getting long

Back on to this part again....if i get this section correct the rest should be right to finish

Thanks

James

Message 4 of 9
CCarreiras

HI!

I don't understand your issue... if it's the shape you need, just repair the errors/warnings.

Remove the 3D sketch and change it by 2D sketch and thats it.

Tips:

Why the sketch 3D for the rails?! It's better to use sketch 2D... easier to control.

For the second rail i use a 2D sketch with external rails, tangent to the previous loft.

Have you tried to use just one loft to create all?

I prefer to use external rails, but if you achieve the shape with the center rail, great.

Clipboard03.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
James__S
in reply to: CCarreiras

thank you

i was not sure if all the sketches were suppose to touch Sketch1 for centreline Loft

I have tried to have the shape with 1 loft but i was unsuccessful.....do you know if 1 loft will work?

would you use 2 external rails for all the sketches?

Would you have the file you used to fix my attempt....i can open with Inventor 2014

Thanks again

James

Message 6 of 9
CCarreiras

Hi!

I had done it in 2015, but wait, i will send you in 2014 (i dont have 2013).

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
James__S

Hi Carlos

Would you please have the 2014 part file?

Thanks

James

Message 8 of 9
CCarreiras

HI!

If you want to see a new approach, suppress loft 5 and 6, and drag the eop to the end.
You will find the construction based in surfaces.

Clipboard06.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
James__S

Hi Carlos

Excellent and thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report