Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is not good, unfolding

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
625 Views, 15 Replies

This is not good, unfolding

It is taking 10 to 20 minuts to unfold this part what is up with that. Did not do this in 2009. I have over 200 parts I can not take this long to unfold I will never get this done at this rate. Cannot post file to large But this is not good.

64bit xp

16gigs ram
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

>Cannot post file to large

Did you roll up the EOP before zipping?

The limit is much larger over here http://www.augi.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

No JD I have forgot all about that because I am so pissed. Thanks here you go.
Message 4 of 16
JDMather

Flattened very quickly on my machine. But I think I would model that part quite differently - the file size is far too large for that simple part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Has suface on it thats why its big need the cockpit in here as a base. I can redo if wanted but don't want to hard to explain why but if you seen it you may understand. I wonder if my add in of SPI is making it not unfold. It seems to only be a few of them some are unfolding faster but six are not. I will uninstall and try it. If not and I only have a few can you help me unfold them so I can get this done till I figure out why. I will send a picture of this darn thing after I get back from lunch I will leave on unfolding and see if it unfolds.
Message 6 of 16
mcgyvr

Also flattened in the blink of an eye on my machine. Turn off/unload your SPI addin and try again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Are you all 64 bit? Unistalled SPI still no luck. Tried on two other machines same issue.
Message 8 of 16
JDMather

>Has suface on it thats why its big need the cockpit in here as a base.

I saw that - I think I would only derive that which is needed to define the part. I use Thicken - surface zero for this. You should also look into Multi-body solids in 2010. Very slick.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

If it helps, my 4-year old 32-bit machine with XP Pro SP3 and hacked el-cheapo ATI 128MB gaming card flattened it in less than 1 second.
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Yes JD that is what I did the data you see is just a part of the big picture I only exported the surface needed. Here is a pic of the cockpit. this is not easy to make what was fiberglass to a sheet metal cockpit.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

zoom in view
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

there is an issue but this is what drives me nuts. Ok you all unfolded fast me not a chance. So what I did is what you had to do. I moved end of part up and then back down unfolds in seconds. If I don't do that good luck. So at least it is working still an issue but can work around it so what you all think of my cockpit?
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Also thank you all even if we did not find the issue you all helped thank a bunch.
Message 14 of 16
JDMather

Next time try a Rebuild all rather than pulling EOP up and down. Be sure to post Friday Pic when you get it finished.

And if you haven't already investigated take a look at multi-body technique. I haven't used on a large assebly yet (thinking it might need to be broken down into some derived subs) and would be really interested on how the technique works on larger assemblies. I can tell you it is really great on smaller stuff.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

Yes started rebuild instead. Done with the brackets thanks. Yes I am playing with it but just have not figured a way to use it for what I do. But the more I dive into it I am sure it will be a handy tool. Love the sketck blocks too. Here is the finished fiberglass pic.
Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

And here it is all made up in the shop.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report