Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting old

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jletcher
377 Views, 3 Replies

This is getting old

Bug not bug is the bug question...

Made this years ago and works great no issues.

No issue.JPG

Now I am making a new one and this is what hapens all settings are 100% the same but it errors...

Getting old.JPG

Now it is not finished but I will post part so you can try and I know it works in 2013 is what I am sure you all will say..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

Ok now that is just not cool....

Because the first link and second link are touching is the reason it is not working even though the 1st one I made years ago are the same feature as this new one it does not like it when it touches and this is the reason for the error.

Why would you mess this one up Autodesk I don't care if they touch.

Now I will have to take time to make new link feature so they don't touch.. Ugh time = money >>> Autodesk= less money....

Message 3 of 4
jletcher

To add to the mess it only errors out on the circular patterns not the rectangular Pattern...

I even remade the one from a few years ago well just the circular pattern part and it does not error why is that does it remember the days when it worked?

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! For this particular case, the same error occurs if you do the same operation on R2013. Inventor seems to have trouble merging the faces when patterning the features in an angle. I will forward this case to development for further investigation. In the meantime, you might want to use Pattern a Solid option, instead of Pattern Feature option to make it work.

Thanks!

PatternASolid.png

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report