Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thick lines after exporting to PDF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
curt.darius
1993 Views, 6 Replies

Thick lines after exporting to PDF

I have to print my drawing for my school project, but after I exported it I noticed that some very thick lines we're created where the thread supposed to be. Is there a possibility to remove them? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: curt.darius

Try using the High-Quality setting within the Export to PDF within the Options. The "Standard" settings seems to create problems.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
curt.darius
in reply to: blair

Do you mean the Vector Resolution setting? Cause I didn't found any other quality option. I tried to export it with maximum (4800) of DPI's, but it's the same.
Message 4 of 7
BarryZA

Export to ACad preserving line weights and then use ACad to Export to PDF?

Message 5 of 7
curt.darius
in reply to: BarryZA

And how do I do that?
Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

When the "save as" dialog box comes up when you export to pdf hit the options button next to the save button and check "remove object line weights"

You can also edit the line weights in your style library. Or change thread lines (style manager object defaults) to hidden narrow if its not already,etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
mrattray

It's not a problem with the lines being too thick, it's a problem of double lines. Do you have thread features turned on in the section view settings? They should always be off in sections to comply with generally accepted drafting standards.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report