Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
LT.Rusty
8735 Views, 10 Replies

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Tried repair, tried reinstall.

This one popped up after I upgraded from MS Office 2007 to MS Office 2010.  

Any ideas?

Rusty

EESignature

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: LT.Rusty

LT.Rusty

I think it has to do with Microsoft Access drivers not supporting 64B or something like that.   See this link: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/ebb05600-055a-44c4-8cd3-d33a79878b23/error-wh... Locate the reply from Yoyo Jiang and it indicates how to resolve your issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 11
LT.Rusty
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Well, here's the problem with that fix:

64-bit version doesn't coexist with MS Office, and the 32-bit version doesn't solve the problem.

I may just have to uninstall PDSU and re-install it on Monday.  Bleh.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
bob_holland

LT.Rusty,

If a different person (Administrator) logs into your machine with their windows credentials, do they receive the same error message?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 11
LT.Rusty
in reply to: bob_holland

@Anonymous wrote:

LT.Rusty,

If a different person (Administrator) logs into your machine with their windows credentials, do they receive the same error message?

Thank you.

Yes sir - same result, different administrator login.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
bob_holland

LT.Rusty,

After speaking to some of our development staff is has been suggested that what probably needs to happen is a reinstall of Microsoft Office so that the Access components is registered correctly. Or you could probably just install the Access Runtime, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Search/result.aspx?form=MSHOME&mkt=en-us&setlang=en-us&q=access%20run...

Please try this and send us an update.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 11
LT.Rusty
in reply to: bob_holland

Doesn't work.

64-bit Access runtime won't coexist with 32-bit office, and 32-bit runtime didn't do it.

It's odd, really - I've used this same 32-bit Office installer on two other computers (Pro Plus, 5 licenses, not pirated! 🙂 ) that also have Inventor 2015 installed on them.  No problems with any of them.  Only problem is here when it upgraded from 2007 to 2010.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
LT.Rusty

Well, in the end the problem went away after a complete uninstallation and reinstallation of PDSU.  Uninstalling and reinstalling just Inventor and all relevant add-ins didn't do it.

So, at least it's fixed.  I hadn't wanted to kill off a day doing that, but at least I had enough other things to do that I could afford to leave my computer tied up and not lose time on projects.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
DannyHubbard

I installed Office 2007 and Inventor 2015 with the Electrical Catalog Browser from the Product Design Suite.

Then I went to install Office 2010, I had two options uninstall Office 2007 complete to install the Office 2010 64-bit or uninstall the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 64-bit and install Office 2010 32-bit. I choose to just uninstall the Access database engine 2010, then I installed Office 2010 32-bit with the Upgrade option.

Now when running Inventor 2015 I get the same error you are seeing with the Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 not registered.

So I went back to the Product Design Suite media and installed the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 64-bit again from ...3rdParty\x64\AceDataEngine\AceRedist.msi .

Now when running Inventor I not logger get this error and the Electrical Catalog Browser is present in Inventor. Also I haven't seen any issue with the Office 2010 products.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 11
LT.Rusty
in reply to: DannyHubbard

@DannyHubbard wrote:

I installed Office 2007 and Inventor 2015 with the Electrical Catalog Browser from the Product Design Suite.

Then I went to install Office 2010, I had two options uninstall Office 2007 complete to install the Office 2010 64-bit or uninstall the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 64-bit and install Office 2010 32-bit. I choose to just uninstall the Access database engine 2010, then I installed Office 2010 32-bit with the Upgrade option.

Now when running Inventor 2015 I get the same error you are seeing with the Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 not registered.

So I went back to the Product Design Suite media and installed the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 64-bit again from ...3rdParty\x64\AceDataEngine\AceRedist.msi .

Now when running Inventor I not logger get this error and the Electrical Catalog Browser is present in Inventor. Also I haven't seen any issue with the Office 2010 products.

Thanks,

Danny

Hm.  I didn't install the copy of Access database engine that came with Inventor - I didn't actually know where to find it at.  I used the Access database engine downloaded from Microsoft found in one of the early posts in this thread.  I got an error about not being able to install it with Office 32 bit.

Looking again at Control Panel --> Programs and Features I see that there is a new copy of Access DB Engine installed yesterday, which presumably coincides with my reinstallation of PDSU, so ... I guess that was the solution.  My way worked, but your way would have been a lot quicker for the same effective result.

Thank you!

Rusty

EESignature

Message 11 of 11

We just solved this issue by following this link:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarti...

Our issue happened after installing Office 365/Office 2016, which removed MS Access.

To resolve this, we went to the download/media drive and searched for:

AceRedist.msi

<Media Drive>:\3rdParty\AceDataEngine\AceRedist.msi

Upon running that MSI file we chose the 1st option, which was to reinstall /Repair

AceRedist.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report