Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The following components referenced by this drawing need to be updated...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1954 Views, 4 Replies

The following components referenced by this drawing need to be updated...

Yes ppl, i know there's a thread about this but i didn't want ot continue on a 5 year old thread.

I get this whenever i open the same (!) drawing which is pretty **** illogical to me. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch in the program since i haven't changed my parts or anything before opening the drawing.

My question now is how i turn this off. There are some alternatives if you perss "promts" like "never show this message again" or something similar. Even if i check that i still get this message everytime i open the same drawing and other drwaing for that matter.

Suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scarab2792
in reply to: Anonymous

I had this same error message when I made a tolerance change to a part file, while I was in the middle of working on the drawing file (.dwg) for the same part.  Caveat:  using Inventor 2013

The drawing file had YELLOW lightening symbols on the views in the .dwg tree, but no error/update symbols on the sheets themselves.  Updating all sheets did nothing to fix it.

Here is what I did to fix it.

1) Open the part file. Open the drawing file.  Acknowledge error (click OK).

2) Go to the part file.  At the very top of of the Inventor screen is an icon called "local update" which regenerates the part.  Click that.

3) switch to the drawing.  THe sheets should automatically update, and the lightening symbols will be gone.  If you have mutliple sheets for this part, RED lightening symbols will be at the top most level of the tree for each sheet.  You will need to activate each sheet to get those to go away.

Message 3 of 5
mbunds
in reply to: scarab2792

Yeah, it's an old thread, but scarab2792 made a suggestion that worked!

(I'm using Inventor 2014)

In my case however, the .idw complained about needing an update to an exploded view I created using an .ipn (Inventor Presentation). When opened, the .ipn itself does not offer the "local update" in its environment, but by opening the assembly that the .ipn was created from and performing the local update, the yellow arrows in the .idw went away.

A big THANKS to scarab2792!

Message 4 of 5
Caverna

Is there any system variable to always accept the update prompts?

Message 5 of 5
JOJO.S

Here there ilogic rules you can use.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/ilogic-rule-works-on-some-sheetmetal-parts-but... 

For Each refDoc As Document In ThisDoc.Document.AllReferencedDocuments
    refDoc.Save()
Next

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report