Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Depiction of Water in Inventor

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
1319 Views, 21 Replies

The Depiction of Water in Inventor

Water exhibits a blue color of varying intensity.(deepening to navy blue and eventually black with depth). I've tried modeling a medium size swimming pool with 12 ft depth (should appear medium blue) and a water-filled crater with 320 ft depth (should appear dark navy blue or black). It seems that Inventor doesn't take the wave diffraction or absorbtion of water into account since my pool and my experiemental crater looks like white, clear water regardless of depth. Is there a way to vary the color style (ambient, specular, diffuse, etc.). to mimic the wave diffraction and/or absorption (and thereby the increasing blueness of the water with depth)?

Inventor 11 SP2
MDT 2007
Windows XP Message was edited by: coviepresb1647
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I didn't realize the border settings. Here is a better picture.
Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I thinking he will. I treated him to a dip to see how the layering and caustic surface would work on a person in the pool.

(I think a person would have more fun modeling the Nemo 33 pool in Belgium with its various underwater platforms, 33-m circular well, and simple caves. It is on my list to visit and dive.)

This is just an simple exercise I did to see how water is and can be depicted in inventor (materially and pictorially) and further to learn the material and color properties in the Styles Editor, and it is useful since one of our new projects is for the maritime industries. Message was edited by: coviepresb1647

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report