Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Browser Process Exits Unexpectedly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CourtMoorSchool1
3088 Views, 4 Replies

The Browser Process Exits Unexpectedly

Hi folks,

I'm installing AutoCAD Inventor Professional 2015 (32 bit) in a school (Win 7 32 bit).

I've not used Inventor before, and I'm essentially just installing it for the teachers/students to use.

I've created a deployment, which appears to be fine, but I've just tested the software on the machine and I get an error.

When Inventor launches the browser appears to crash, and then I get a warning dialog which says:

"The browser process exits unexpectedly. Please check:

1) You have internet connection;

2) Firewall blocks starting the browser process AdCefBrowser.exe;

3) Firewall blocks browser process AdCefBrowser.exe to access Internet;

4) Proxy setting in Preferences - > Network.

Do you want to try connecting internet again?"

The Windows firewall is disabled, but we do use a proxy server. Except that I cannot find any preferences dialog that references network settings.

Does such a dialog exist, and can someone explain where I access it from?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

A few suggestions to try for testing purposes :

1. Do the computers have a fingerprint scanner option for logon ? If so, try disabling that.
  2. Right click on the Inventor icon & use Run as administrator.
  3. Disable any virus checking software.

If none of these are successful then you can kill the AdCefWebBrowser.exe process from task manager & then after Inventor starts disable MyHome on startup from Tools, Application Options - see links below for further info about these, but please do let me know the outcome of your testing.

Inventor 2015 Pro My Home Startup Freeze

Can't use inventor 2015.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

On a reboot of my PC yesterday, the same thing started (same message) to happen.   Up to this point it was working fine with the home screen enabled or disabled.   In my case after closing the "Browser Process Exits Unexpected" message, my Inventor 2015 graphics screen kept flickering non-stop and I was unable to use it.

I also ran the Inventor reset utility and it still didn't make a difference.   As far as I know, nothing changed on my PC or our network settings.

Message 4 of 5

Hi! Though I don't have any proof, the behavior seems to indicate there is an OS component essential to Inventor missing from the system. Could you record a video showing the crash?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Sorry I didn't have a chance to post an update yesterday..  I performed an Inventor 2015 reinstall and the issue went away.   Meaning I would assume your assumption (OS component essential to Inventor missing from the system) is then correct...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report