Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture with transparence

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
TONELLAL
1411 Views, 15 Replies

Texture with transparence

I cannot create transparent textres with Inventor 2014 !!

Old version (before Inventor 2013) : use an image named "<xxx>&.bmp", the bottom left pixel determine the transparent color. This was functionning before 2013, and it is functionning now with 2014 :

Texture1.png

New method (since Inventor 2013) : use a black and white image as "cutting texture" : on the preview it's ok, but does not function...

Texture2.png

Where is the problem ?

-graphic drivers are up to date and approved

-same problem with all workstations

Any ideas ?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: TONELLAL

I'm not in a position to actually test this right now - have you tried adding the & symbol into your image file name ?

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 16
TONELLAL
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

It seems it functions :

-only with Autodesk texture files

-only if you have a texture file and a cutouts file, which are named "xxx" and "xxx_cutouts".

On the preview it is only correct, you can use (or not) whatever you want as image and whatever you want as cutout.

See joined files :

Textures1.png : texture = cutout = adsk cutout

Textures2.png : texture = adsk txture, cutout = adsk cutout

Textures3.png : no texsture, cutout = adsk cutout

Textures4.png : texture = cutout = adsk texture

Textures5.png : texture = custom texture, cutout = custom cutout

Textures6.png : no texture, cutout = custom cutout

Message 4 of 16
Xun.Zhang

Hi TONELLAL, For your problem, actually the Cutout style can only be rendering in Realistic visual style, in other words, in Shaded visual style, the transparence is out of service. but, a Good news is Cutout in shaded visual style has been enhanced in Inventor 2015 release, you can have a try. And there is a workaround for your reference. 1. Continue using legacy BMP image, such as attachment (the image should have a suffix &) 2. set the image to both Cutout and Generic images setting Then, the rendering in Shaded mode which is as expected Notice: if change the scale of cutout, please change scale from texture editor for both Generic and Cutout setting to make them consistent.

Xun
Message 5 of 16
TONELLAL
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

All the samples I sent are in Shaded mode, not Realistic mode.

Standards appearances, like "Deployed metal", function in all display modes (apart wireframe) see joined file. Perhaps arer there particular rules to function ?

Message 6 of 16
Xun.Zhang

Hi TONELLAL,

Yes, you are right. The five default Cutout appearances are supported as you pointed out, but most of customized cutout appearance, the support is limited in Shaded mode which was enhanced in Inventor 2015. Please have a try if you are interested.

Xun
Message 7 of 16
TONELLAL

Ok, last question : how can I see through the part (old option "see internal faces") ? Even in realistic mode it seems impossible in 2014...Textures8.png

Message 8 of 16
Xun.Zhang

Hi TONELLAL, Sorry for a bit later response, check with the option, it's not listed in new editor which means the option probably removed in the dialog. Sorry for that... There is an workaround to enable it in your side with VBA, please let me know if it's doesn't work in your side.

Sub SetInteriorFacesVisible()

Dim oDoc As PartDocument

Set oDoc = thisdoucment

Dim oRenderStyle As RenderStyle

Set oRenderStyle = oDoc.ActiveRenderStyle

oRenderStyle.DisplayInteriorFaces = True

End Sub

Xun
Message 9 of 16
TONELLAL

Ok, it function... but it could be very simple to have a check box in the Appearances editor !

I've created an IdeaStation : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/See-interior-faces-in-appearances/idi-p/5225871

Message 10 of 16
RobJV

Seems like you got things working.  Pay special attention to this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/cutout-appearance-doesn-t-work/td-p/362747...

See my answer on second page.

Rob

Message 11 of 16
a.elezi00
in reply to: RobJV

Hi,

I don't understand why the same file in Inventor2014 appears correctly: Capture1.PNG

but in Inventor 2016 not:

Capture.PNG

Is there any view setting to avoid the double view effect?

Message 12 of 16
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: a.elezi00

Hi a.elezi00,

Is it possible to provide your file to me for more investigation, my email: xun.zhang@autodesk.com. I will get it back to you once research complete.

Thanks again!

Xun
Message 13 of 16
mmoucka

Good Mornin masters.

I have a question about cutout texture in VBA. I have not found a parameter in RenderStyle, which define cutout texture full file name.

How and where is this parameter ? Can You help me ?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 16
mmoucka
in reply to: mmoucka

Nobody know ??? Realy ?

Message 15 of 16
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: mmoucka

Hi mmoucka,

Sorry, we don't support it anymore in API for cutout property editing.

Xun
Message 16 of 16
mmoucka

And can I ask You why ? Man Sad

And will it be ever supported again ?

Thak You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report