Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text on an exported dxf

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
stephenson513
730 Views, 7 Replies

text on an exported dxf

hi there

I would like to export my dxf flat pattern with the material thickness displayed in the corner. ie. 2mm mildsteel

Is this possible at all ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: stephenson513

Hi!

You can place the flatt pattern in a dwg drawing template with the Thickness variable, and then save as the drawing as dxf.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 8
mgeurts

This tool saves dxf with thickness in filename:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3apublishto...

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10
Message 4 of 8
stephenson513
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi thanks

I think that would be a bit tedious though. Looking for it to be automated.
Message 5 of 8
stephenson513
in reply to: mgeurts

this is cool but now my file names are long lol

There has to be something out there that just adds it under the flat pattern as a text layer ???
Message 6 of 8
mgeurts

Our laser programmer loads dxf into his own software (Trutops) and adds manualy the partnumbers to be etched.

For other etches we extrude them in ipt with a remark on idw because with Inv2010 we cannot give the etches a different layer colour.

Here is some more about etching.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Etch-numbers-DXF/td-p/3793247

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10
Message 7 of 8

so ive found a program called dxf exporter but it doesnt have many configurable options.

it puts text on the dxf but I cant set layer colors and I cant choose which iproperties to show so it puts the part name, description, qty and material all on the dxf as text. Plus its not intergrated into inventor, Im sure if theres a program like this out there then there has to be something else thats a bit better.

Message 8 of 8
b.vedst

Ok, I have tried it out  but im not a fan of the formatting so i thougt of doing it my self. I have in the mean time found a different solution As we use  a add on program called SPI Sheetmetal and by looking thru its not so user friendy interface i think have found a way to do 85% of what i want to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report