Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text issues with 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
helavagal
160 Views, 2 Replies

Text issues with 2013

I truly like how the text automaticall blocks or wipes out the lines of dimensions if you put text over that line - but is there a way to have that happen with centerlines?  I need to put directional text that is centered on that line 😞

Thank you for your help!

Angela

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wimann
in reply to: helavagal

So this is your desired result?

clinline.JPG

If so, I had to do that through a sketch. I just put a text box around the text and drew in the centerline manually. I don't know that there is a quick way to do what you're trying to do. I found you could also preform some trickery by changing the leader text styles such that the leader is a centerline and that there is no arrow. Then you can attach two leaders at either end of where your centerline would but and center the text. It's hard for me to explain fully but I feel like it's a waste anyway because of how inefficient it is.

I'll do a little more digging but I that's all I've got for now.

Hope this helps.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 3
helavagal
in reply to: wimann

thank you so much!  That is the look that I was looking for but it sounds like a pain.  I hope they fix that in future releases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report