Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text does not show on drawing

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Rene-J
2356 Views, 11 Replies

Text does not show on drawing

Hi I have this issue that some time happened.

the text on drawing (inventor dwg) does not show

If I have more then One line .

the text of line 1 is showing on drawing but line 2 is not showing.

when I Close Inventor and open again. the it is ok again.

text on drawing.PNG

I am using  windows 7 64 and Inventor 2015 SP1 update 1 and latest hotfix

René J

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
lscadden
in reply to: Rene-J

I have been having the same issue but mine is even removing some of the text from my title block.  Like headings  such as "Title" and "Material" not  just the entered values themselves.  I've also been experiencing the same issue with some of my custom symbols.

I to am using Windows 7 64bit, running Inventor 2015 both windows and inventor are up to date with all the latest service packs and hotfix's.  To work thru this I've tried updating my video driver to the latest recommended drive I got off the list from the Autodesk website.

I have a service call (email) into our local reseller support regarding this but I haven't been able to touch base with them to see if they have a solution.

Luke

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 12
perickson

I am having the same issues also. My system is also up to date with Inventor and Win7 updates. Sometimes text boxes on my idw's do not appear until I restart my computer. The problem seems to have started when I installed Win7 updates on 12-10-14.

Message 4 of 12
lscadden
in reply to: perickson

Mine was doing this long before 12-10  I noticed mine shortly after upgrade beginning of November.   In most cases all I have to do is to open the drawing and select to edit the text or leader shake it and all the text reappears.  In the more severe cases I need to reboot the computer.  I have also had instances by which I moved a view and noticed text lighting up and coming out of hiding all over the print.  I've included some minor examples of what I've been dealing with.  I have on occasion had the title block lose text also.  And not just the editable information but the standard title block headings like title and material.  I tried a new updated video driver but that did not solve the issue. 

Message 5 of 12
blair
in reply to: lscadden

Try updating your graphics card drivers. The ADSK site dosn't contain the latest "Microsoft Certified" drivers. Since the move from OpenGL back in Inventor 11 (not 2011 but 11) to Direct3D the only requirement is for the M-S Certified drivers.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 12
bob_holland

I believe that Blair is on the correct track for this.

If you run Microsoft's DXDIAG.EXE, on the display tab on the right side you to see when your video card driver was published.

If you have two video cards, you will have to look in the System Information (MSINFO32.EXE).

Under the components display section you will see both of your video cards listed and the date and time of publication will be at the bottom of each.

Please check this and get back to us.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 12
blair
in reply to: lscadden

You might have to try different settings within Inventor's Application Options: Tools>Application Options>Hardware: Quality, Performance, Conservative or Software Graphics. Not all graphics cards are made the same, some may use a supplied chip-set but cut corners. The standards do allow for some leway. I tend to use the same manufacture for my mother boards and grahics cards.

Try each of the options and see if any correct the problem as well. 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 12
Rene-J
in reply to: bob_holland

Hi Bob

I have the latest video card driver that I can find.

NVIDIA1.PNG

NVIDIA.PNG

René J

Message 9 of 12
bob_holland

Rene-J,

Are others in your organization seeing the same issue?

I would like to have you create the following report:
Inventor Diagnostics

I have attached a PDF to assist you if needed.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 10 of 12
Rene-J
in reply to: bob_holland

Yes there other in my organization that have seeing this issue.

I have be seeing on to type of computers Lenovo W540 and Lenovo w520 (my computer),

Message 11 of 12
lscadden

As an Update to the thread; Per recommendation from our reseller / support group MasterGraphics, they sent us a link to install "Service Pack 1" and "Update 2" (in that order) for Inventor 2015.  I'm not sure when those were released but A. they should have been done during the deployment process  and installed when we upgraded beginning of November and or B. I thought that this "big brother" Autodesk Application Manager was supposed to keep our system up to date which it has with the exception of these updates mentioned.  Apparently neither was the case!  However after updating these manually the signs of missing multi line text and notations seems to have (knock on wood) subsided in severity or has been fixed.   Admittedly I have gone thru many other steps simultaneously like upgrading my video driver twice.  So I can't be sure if it was the patches sent out by our support group or the drivers but whatever the reason it seems to be functioning for now.  Keep me posted to see if this has in fact fixed this.

Thanks,

Luke

Message 12 of 12
bob_holland

Rene-J,

I notice that you have many 3rd party Add-in loaded in Inventor.

Please unload all of your Add-ins and set them to not automatically load.

Please test this and let me know of your results.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report