Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text created on filled area : Now you see it : now you don't

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
LawrenceFHoughton
1524 Views, 11 Replies

Text created on filled area : Now you see it : now you don't

How can I ensure that text appears on top of a filled area when created in a sketch?

I found when I moved to IV 2014 that text was disappearing from my title blocks when I reopened drawings.

I have played around with text and filled areas in sketches, and symbols.

I find that when opened and reopened, some times the text is obliterated sometimes not and somtimes partially.

Text ok when added on top of an existing sketch in an idw. 

W7-64 pro    Quaddro 2000 (latest driver)

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I can't reproduce it from scratch, maybe some key steps are missing. Could you attach the dataset or provide more details?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 12

I have just retried to reproduce it myself. What I found was that in making a test symbol and a title block, text was covered by a filled area and not by a hatched area. This time.

I then opened a new idw and immediately created a sketch. Initially fill obliterated text. Then when I moved text and sketches arround, sometimes the text came to foreground, sometimes background.

Also some partial obliterates. See attached.

Text created outside the sketch environment always seems to be in the foreground.

It seems that predominently  Fill obliterates Text in IV2014.

Is there a way to control the draw order? A control to move Fill to the back and text to the forground?

Message 4 of 12

Not got any help on this problem. I have numerous title blocks that are affected that have to be modified when ever accessed. Time consuming.  Title blocks I have used for years. Problem only appeared when I upgraded to IV2014. Is there a control to bring text to front?

Message 5 of 12

When taking the same workflow in R2013, the same behavior happens. Now there is no control or option to bring the text to front or back. And one issue DID 1500725 has been logged in our tracking system. 

I am really interested that what is the behavior from your side in the previous release before R2014. Could you provide some more details about that?

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 12

I do not have 2013 installed anymore. I am absolutely sure
it did not happen until I installed 2014.

I hope whoever did this to me gets permanent hemorrhoids.

I was hoping to be able to retro-correct using the resource
manager, but unfortunately it is limited in its usefulness
because it cannot deal with subdirectories of which I have
many.
Message 7 of 12

Many thanks for you to continue providing the comments on this issue! I am keeping investigating this issue, finally I got the difference between R2013 and R2014. Please see the attached image for the behavior. We could see the text in R2013, although the text is behind the hatch. But it disappears in R2014. 

Is that what you concern much? This should be an unexpected behavior here, and we will look into this.

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 12

I am glad that you are seeing the behavior and it is thus not due to my
hardware.

It concerns me because I unfortunately used the fill in a title block. At
the time the text was visible over the past 5 or so years. Now when I open
the drawing there is no text. No drawing number, no dates, no info.

The text does not appear when printed either.

A solution would be welcome.

I would be surprised if this effect is confined to me.

Thanks for working on it.
Message 9 of 12

Many thanks for you to report this issue to us!

One issue has already been tracked in our database, and it is being investigated now. And we got one workaround - It will work fine when changing the graphics setting "Performace" within Application options -> Hardware dialog to "Compatibility". Please have a try.

Hope it helpful for you!

Thanks,
River Cai

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 12

Yes it works for me.
Thanks. You are officially on my genius list
. Lawrence
Message 11 of 12

I'm using Inventor 2021 and having this problem.  I created a solid hatch and put text overtop.  It looked beautiful!  Then I deleted another view unrelated to the view I created the hatch and text in, and my text disappears behind the hatch and I can't get it back to the front.  AutoCAD has had the "DRAWORDER" command since before Inventor was even around.  It's been over 20 years (almost 8 years since this issue was posted), and Inventor still doesn't have a DRAWORDER like command?  Is there another workaround?  ...because the "Performance" setting didn't do it in my graphics settings.

Message 12 of 12

Hi Brent,

I am not sure if the behavior you are seeing is the same as the original issue. Based on the prior discussion, it looks like a graphics issue. But, your seems to be related to hatch. I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior on 2021.3. Have you installed 2021.3? Please share the files that exhibit the behavior.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report