Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Box

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
killall-9
1460 Views, 3 Replies

Text Box

Please excuse if thsi question is simple and has been covered already in this forum. Ive searched.

What i want to do is put an outlining box around some text on my .idw. so it stands out among other text's

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JimStrenk
in reply to: killall-9

@killall-9 wrote:

Please excuse if thsi question is simple and has been covered already in this forum. Ive searched.

What i want to do is put an outlining box around some text on my .idw. so it stands out among other text's

There's two ways about going about having an outlining box around text.  The simplest way is to start the text command and begin typing.  After finishing the text command, begin the sketch command.  Then draw your box around the text you've just completed.  This will work just fine if you don't need to move the text.  Since the box sketch is independent of both the text and other objects on your drawing sheet, you must pick both items first before moving the text with the box.

A more elegant solutions would be to make the box dependent of the text position.  In other words you may select either the box or the text and both will move simultaneously.

In order to make the position of the box dependent of the text position you need to do the following:

Complete typing the message you wish to have enclosed in the box.  BEFORE using the sketch command, select the text.  Then carefully draw and position the box around the text.  Season to taste.  Now, finish the sketch command.  Your text and box will move in tandem.

If you want the test and the box to be dependent to a particular view, be sure to pick the view first, before starting the sketch command.

The sketch command can be accessed via the short-cut key "S".  Or you may use the sketch icon located just right of center on the ribbon while using the annotation tab.

Hope this helps!

Please use the accept button if this answers your question.

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
Message 3 of 4
jbelle7435

Is this a solution to this question. I was looking for the same thing and found this.

This is in sketch mode only

Note: before you hit that finish sketch you MUST draw a box around the newly added text box(Window corner to corner to cover the eixsitng one). Without doing so you will not see it after you exit the sketch! .

Inventor 2012
Message 4 of 4
reverbbb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report