Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Box Cuts off My Leaders: Need Help

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jddickson
1885 Views, 12 Replies

Text Box Cuts off My Leaders: Need Help

We recently upgraded from Autodesk Inventor 11 to Autodesk Inventor 13. For some reason the text box cuts off any leader I try to put over it. I thought this might be a glitch on my machine at first till I realized that it would not work on any machine in our office. Can someone please help fix this problem? I must have clicked a wrong button or something when installing Autodesk Inventor 13 because it worked perfectly fine in Autodesk Inventor 11.

Is there a (bring to front) button now for leaders or something like that? I can’t seem to figure this one out.  Thank you to anyone might be able to help me.

I have attached a picture so you can see what I’m talking about.

Not Working Right 1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jon.Dean
in reply to: jddickson

This is a known issue and is logged with development; they are working to resolve it.

Jon

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 13
mrattray

They introduced "text clipping" new in 2013. It's a bad feature that causes more headaches than it solves. Text boxes will conveniently "clip" your dimension and extension lines, too.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 13
jddickson

Thank you guys for responding, it’s not exactly what I wanted to hear but that is the way it goes sometimes. Well I hope they get it fix sometime soon. The only good use that I can think of for “text clipping” is to put text over hatching.  Other than that it just causes headaches and problems everywhere else. This needs fixed ASAP…

Thanks again for the help. 

Message 5 of 13
KF090

Was there any resolution to this?

We went from 2012 to 2014.  This is a real pain in the butt for sure.

Message 6 of 13
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: KF090

Still happens in 2014.  The only way to fix this is to shrink down the text box such that it clears the leader.  Then move the leader slightly so that it is visible again.  As mentioned, this is a REAL big pain!

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 7 of 13
KF090
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Quite a few of our pre-2014 Inv. drawings have notes in them where the text boxes will interfere with dims and leaders and shrinking the text boxes will not be the fix unfortunately. 

Message 8 of 13
jddickson
in reply to: KF090

KF090,

I feel your pain. The same thing happened to me. That’s why I started this post.

I think it would be nice if Inventor stop changing things that were not broken. I hope they are not just changing things because a couple big customers said they would like it that way better. If that’s the case then it would be awesome if they gave us the option to turn it on or off.  

Sorry went on a little bit of a rant. It’s just amazes me how many work hours goes into fixing drawing because of upgrades.

PS.

If you couldn’t tell the “text clipping” feature caused me a few headaches for a couple weeks.

Sorry I wish I had an easy fix for you. 

Message 9 of 13
tlebrun

BUMP!

Please fix this.

Message 10 of 13
soctavio
in reply to: tlebrun

Not yet?

Message 11 of 13
mrattray
in reply to: soctavio

4 years later... I wouldn't hold my breath. You might want to do a search of the Idea Station and see if there is an idea for this. If not, make one. Either way, post a link to it from this thread. I'll at least vote for it.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 13
tlebrun
in reply to: mrattray

4 more years later....

Has this been fixed yet?

textbox.png

Message 13 of 13
johnsonshiue
in reply to: tlebrun

Hi! Unfortunately, the exact behavior still cannot be controlled by an option. I recall it was an enhancement request for some users, asking to clip the leader line.

There is a simple workaround to avoid it. For your example, the text is static. You can make it a sketch symbol. After that, the leader would not react to the text within the symbol.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report