Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text below angular dimensions

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
classicac
1354 Views, 8 Replies

Text below angular dimensions

Hello All

what I am needing help with is, is it possible to have text below the angular dimension line like you can with most other dimensions. The attached pic shows my 10 dimension with the typ. Under the line and my 30 dimension with typ. Under the line but the typ. Under the 30 is just a text box I eye-balled in to place it is not attached to the dimension. I looked in the styles editor but could not find the setup option I need. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Andy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: classicac

Don't use TYP. If you tried to use that at my last job you would be fired. Smiley Happy

But to answer your question yes. This is one setting

52.JPG

But if you go to your style and standard in that Dimension Style and change it to Inline-Aligned you will get the look you want.

Inline.JPG

This will give you this

new.JPG

Oh just incase all you have to do is dbl click on the Dimension then type it in

ty.JPG

Message 3 of 9
classicac
in reply to: jletcher

Thanks for the reply James, I did notice the inline aligned option but as you see it cuts through the dim line, and like you said about the TYP. the drawing office can be real picky when it comes to things like this.

Thanks again

Andy

Message 4 of 9
mrattray

That's funny, the checkers at my office are in love with typ. I never like to use it myself, I either just dimension everything individually or use a x places note. I actually had a print returned to me with my "extra" dimensions crossed off and typs written in! Smiley Tongue

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

Well just for information TYP. Is not allowed in DOD drawings its 2X, 3X .... If they see TYP. You will get your drawings back and months of audits that will cost you tons of money. You can't even use abbreviations in DOD drawings like QTY. 

It was explained to me why TYP. Is not to be used on drawings but I can't remember the reason but at the time it made sense..... 

Message 6 of 9
jletcher

Then use this one

Parallel.JPG

Gives you this

pio.JPG

Message 7 of 9
jletcher

And if you want it below pick this

out.JPG

Give you this

Gives.JPG

Message 8 of 9
mrattray

I understand not allowing TYP, but not allowing QTY? That's silly.

Growing up in the Detroit area I learned drafting in the context of automotive standards, especially Ford since my first job in the industry was with Roush. Ford actually publishes a booklet with all of the official Ford abbreviations to be used, this of course is made to accompany thier encyclopedia sized book of general drafting standards...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

Hey I worked for Ford then Chevy then Dodge Back in 1986.. I was the quality control trainer...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report