Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates in inventor 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
a.tefov
391 Views, 4 Replies

Templates in inventor 2012

I've created my own templates similar like Standard.iam  .idw  .ipt  for Inventor 2012. I;m moving in other company where they are using inventor 2009 and I can not use the same templates. Is there some way so save in oder format, so I'll be able to open i Inventor 2009???

tnx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: a.tefov

Hi a.tefov,

Unfortunately there is not a way to save your templates from a newer version such as Inventor 2012, to an older version such as Inventor 2009.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

No, but my best advise to you is to take a lot of screen shots of what you have in 2012 so you can flip through them when you get to the new company with 2009.  At least this way it might not take you long to get them up and running.

Just remember we are still here to help you when you transistion over.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
cwhetten

In addition to taking screenshots as Scott suggested, you might want to save your IDW template as an AutoCAD drawing (if your new work has AutoCAD).  You might be able to salvage more of it that way.

If you have custom colors and materials in your IPT template, you can export those as STYXML files to import into Inventor 2009.

I guess it just depends on what exactly you did go customize your templates.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: cwhetten

Good idea Cameron!!!  That made me think that maybe saving .dxf files as well might not be a bad idea either.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report