Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 1 of 5 (239 Views)

Template OLE Issue

239 Views, 4 Replies
01-02-2013 01:15 PM

I've created a general table that looks to an excel file, and put the table in a template.  

Whenever I open the template directly (from Windows Explorer), it opens with no problem.  If I open it as a new drawing (ctrl+N), I get this error:

1 OLE Links appear to be inconsistent; the first of these is in Unknown.  These links are shown in the browser in read (under the 3rd party objects).  Please use the Change Source command in the browser to set up the Links consistently.

After clicking okay, there is no 3rd party folder in the browser (although it shows up in the template if I open it directly rather than a new drawing), and nothing looks out of place.  The table doesn't load, nor does any evidence of it.

I am at a loss.

*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 2 of 5 (224 Views)

Re: Template OLE Issue

01-02-2013 09:45 PM in reply to: eveylynne

There seems to be a check and flush with using templates to create new files. A while back we tried having a simple text box in the main body with a standard disclaimer. If we opened the existing file the text box was there as soon as we used it as a template, the text box was deleted.

The work around was to have the empty IDW with text box and use the Open and then "Save Copy As" to create the new drawing with our required text box.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 SP1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 r1 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 340.52
SpacePilot Pro 3.17.7, 6.17., 4.11
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ
robbedoes18
Message 3 of 5 (157 Views)

06-05-2013 03:19 AM in reply to: eveylynne

I have the same issue. I am trying to place a simple order table in the template (3 rows 3 columns) and keep ketting the OLE link error. is there a workaround to get a simple table in a template??? I allready tried to add a table as a title block but multimple title blocks are not allowed. Placing the table in the title block is not an option. 

plz Halp!

Mentor
tsreagan
Message 4 of 5 (152 Views)

06-05-2013 05:57 AM in reply to: eveylynne

I have had OLE objects get lost in template drawings.

At one point my template was 30megs.   Turned out to be graphics that were added and deleted, but the OLE info remained.

I had to use iLogic to cycle through all of the OLE objects and turn them on, then delete the unused ones.

My gues is that iLogic may be used to solve the issues you are having.

Here is some starter code to help get you going.  This will allow all OLE objects to show in tree.

Dim oRefOleFileDes As ReferencedOLEFileDescriptor

For Each oRefOleFileDes in oDoc.ReferencedOLEFileDescriptors

oRefOleFileDes.Visibility = True

Next

You can also use iLogic to set the embedding or linking option, or delete them or add them.

T.S.

Valued Contributor
WillieArolf
Message 5 of 5 (38 Views)

07-01-2014 11:20 PM in reply to: eveylynne

Kind of wondering if they have already found a solution for this matter.

As I have encountered same problem. I have created a Revision History table from an Excel file. Here is the error message.

OLE error.jpg

And I do not even see any 3rd party objects in the browser as I click the OK button.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012
Windows 7, 64-bit
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.