Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template in "Make Components"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JamesVSA
870 Views, 4 Replies

Template in "Make Components"

I've been reading this forum for several months but this is my first post.  I have been unable to find this answer in previous posts.

When creating a multi-body part and using the "Make Components" menu option, there is a Template column as shown in the attached image.  This column used to be automatically populated by a default template but somehow has stopped doing that and I have to manually select a template for each component now.  I'm sure that it was a change in the Styles Editor that caused this, but have been unable to find where or how to correct it.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm using Inventor 2014.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JamesVSA

Are you using Projects or are you using Vault?

Where are your Templates (Standard)?

Have they been moved? Have they been renamed?

What path does your Project point to as the location of your templates?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
JamesVSA
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Vault.

The templates that I use as default are on a local drive.  I am not sure if that makes them "standard" but they are the templates that load when I begin a new part/assembly/drawing.

They have not been moved but, for a short time, the project was changed to use templates from a network location.  It was after this was changed back that the problem began.

The project settings template location is the same local drive location that new files use.

Message 4 of 5
bob_holland
in reply to: JamesVSA

JamesVSA,

Welcome to the Forum.

I believed that it is looking to use Standard.IAM.

Do you have a Standard.IAM in your templates folder?

By default your template folder is:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates

If Standard.IAM is not there, you will need to select the IAM that you wish to use as your template.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 5 of 5
JamesVSA
in reply to: bob_holland

That fixed it.  At some point in the changes, my templates had been renamed as "standard (in).ixx" (because it was for inch dimensions).  I had not noticed what they were named prior to that.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report